Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I have a Lian Li O11 myself but not the XL. It does have the vibration issue. I bought a bracket to mount the card vertically which has significant support that runs the whole length of the card. Once that arrives, between that an a shim I figure either one should solve the issue. For my 3070 the problem is with the fan furthest from the back of the case. I'm running BetterHash when I'm not using the card for VR so I'm tired of listening to the all day and night rattling. It doesn't stop until I lower speeds to around 42%.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by rawbar View Post
    I have a Lian Li O11 myself but not the XL. It does have the vibration issue. I bought a bracket to mount the card vertically which has significant support that runs the whole length of the card. Once that arrives, between that an a shim I figure either one should solve the issue. For my 3070 the problem is with the fan furthest from the back of the case. I'm running BetterHash when I'm not using the card for VR so I'm tired of listening to the all day and night rattling. It doesn't stop until I lower speeds to around 42%.
    Yea thats odd. Many reports of this same fan noise on the 3090, which I forgot to clarify is what I have - the strix 3090. Mine has no fan noise at all from 0 to 100%. I tested it thoroughly after it arrived because of all the reports I read of problems. I've not had a single issue with this card. It does have some fairly prominent coil whine, but I'm hearing reports of coil whine on nearly all 3090's. Hopefully it never develops. Im still baffled how so many cards pass QA with such issues.

ROG Member Array

Add another person to list. Bought mine in United States New Egg. Back on Oct 30th. Due to trying and successfully getting Dark Hero and other components. Was not able to build until Jan 1st. Have exact same issue. Rattling is loud when fan rpm goes up. What is the status with this? Do we need to Rma? Horrible to do this on a new card

ROG Member Array DominZ PC Specs
    DominZ PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)HX424C12SB2K4/32
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 Strix OC 10GB
    Graphics Card #2ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC 11GB
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG27UQ
    Storage #1Intel Optane SSD 800P 118GB
    Storage #2Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv Flow Edition
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000x
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper
    Headset Sennheiser HD 660 S
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Speed Cosmic Large
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterApple AirPort Extreme Base Station 6-gen

Hi guys,
    Thought I'd share my experience regarding 3080 repair process. I was so fed up with this rattling issue that at the end of November 2020 I visited my retailer and RMA'd the card there. I was lucky to get to a person with some knowledge regarding PC components so I could explain my issue very thoroughly. He even offered to attach a link to my video to the RMA protocol so repair techinician knew what he is dealing with. And that's where the good part of my experience ends...
    I had to wait for almost one entire month to get it repaired (got it back on 23rd Dec) with absolutely no feedback whatsoever during that period. And when I investigated the card after the repair, it looked like some careless amateur worked on it (honestly, I'd do it way better myself if I had access to replacement parts). The cable going to the RGB strip was trapped between metal frame and silver ROG logo at the front (shown on the attached picture). Multiple fins were bent all around the card as well (posted one of those as an example). I just put the cable back behind the frame by pushing it with a plastic prying tool and fixed all bent fins with a small flat head screwdriver. The worst thing was my last discovery - one of four screws attaching the coldplate to the GPU die weren't tightened AT ALL! It was held by just few threads and there was no pressure put on that side of the GPU. I noticed that because one of four metal pieces was protruding above the backplate level. Two other screws were tightened properly and the last one was covered by WARRANTY VOID sticker (aren't these are illegal in some parts of the world?) so I couldn't check it. I tightened the screw using similar force as the other two were screwed in. The third picture was taken after fixing the screw which I had access to, but I still have a feeling that fourth screw covered by warranty sticker is not tightened properly as well (but not nearly as bad as the one I already fixed).
    I can confirm that they replaced the entire cooling solution while keeping the original PCB and backplate. However, the quality of provided service was definitely not satisfying. After going through that rollercoaster ride, I just put that card straight to an auction site (along with the rest of my PC) to get rid of it ASAP and bought myself the most trouble-free computer I could think of - Apple's 5K iMac (RIP PCMR ). And based on the feedback from current owner of my 3080, the card works fine. But who knows for how long...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	885.9 KB 
ID:	87665

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	869.8 KB 
ID:	87666

Name:	03.jpg 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	87667

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by DominZ View Post
    Hi guys,
    Thought I'd share my experience regarding 3080 repair process. I was so fed up with this rattling issue that at the end of November 2020 I visited my retailer and RMA'd the card there. I was lucky to get to a person with some knowledge regarding PC components so I could explain my issue very thoroughly. He even offered to attach a link to my video to the RMA protocol so repair techinician knew what he is dealing with. And that's where the good part of my experience ends...
    I had to wait for almost one entire month to get it repaired (got it back on 23rd Dec) with absolutely no feedback whatsoever during that period. And when I investigated the card after the repair, it looked like some careless amateur worked on it (honestly, I'd do it way better myself if I had access to replacement parts). The cable going to the RGB strip was trapped between metal frame and silver ROG logo at the front (shown on the attached picture). Multiple fins were bent all around the card as well (posted one of those as an example). I just put the cable back behind the frame by pushing it with a plastic prying tool and fixed all bent fins with a small flat head screwdriver. The worst thing was my last discovery - one of four screws attaching the coldplate to the GPU die weren't tightened AT ALL! It was held by just few threads and there was no pressure put on that side of the GPU. I noticed that because one of four metal pieces was protruding above the backplate level. Two other screws were tightened properly and the last one was covered by WARRANTY VOID sticker (aren't these are illegal in some parts of the world?) so I couldn't check it. I tightened the screw using similar force as the other two were screwed in. The third picture was taken after fixing the screw which I had access to, but I still have a feeling that fourth screw covered by warranty sticker is not tightened properly as well (but not nearly as bad as the one I already fixed).
    I can confirm that they replaced the entire cooling solution while keeping the original PCB and backplate. However, the quality of provided service was definitely not satisfying. After going through that rollercoaster ride, I just put that card straight to an auction site (along with the rest of my PC) to get rid of it ASAP and bought myself the most trouble-free computer I could think of - Apple's 5K iMac (RIP PCMR ). And based on the feedback from current owner of my 3080, the card works fine. But who knows for how long...

Thanks for sharing your not so pleasant experience, sorry about that.

Even thou if it's true that they might have replaced the whole cooler and fixed the issue, to me, they created another big issue.

Maybe someone else wouldn't care, but If I was to receive card back in a condition you've received I would not take it back, no darn way, that is just disgusting how someone cannot care.

I would demand either new replacement or refund. I know it sounds very picky, but that is absolutely selfish and ignorant to do such thing to anyone.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 01-25-2021 at 06:06 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DominZ View Post
    Hi guys,

Wow unreal thanks for sharing.

ROG Member Array

I'm buying Asus/ROG Strix products for many years but this ends now. I will never ever again pay for that poor quality! First of all the Hardware is the most expensive and for now the one with the most quality issues! First example is this thread and the problems with this GPU. First the Support says they gonna send repair parts and now we should RMA it? This must be a joke, there's no replacement on the market available why are you recommending to do so. My Motherboards PCH fan (ROG STRIX x570-e GAMING) is loud as hell also and there's not even a possibility to control the RPM! All other vendors have that! Then, there is Armoury Crate. Holy Moly that's a big ass piece of crap! It's not even completely transleted to German or English and the possibilities there are a joke! One of the worst Software I've ever seen! Take a look at Corsairs iCue Software and feel ashamed. Yesterday I did the latest BIOS Update...hoping for performance improvement and PCH fan control. The Update killed my performance completely now. Never was so dissapointed before. I spend ~4000€ on my PC and it's full of issues due to poor quality and bad software. This is unacceptable
    Last edited by Vader666; 02-06-2021 at 11:57 AM.

New ROGer Array

Having the same issue on my ROG 3080 OC but its at about 80% fan speed, very annoying and didnt start till about maybe a week after i installed it, has anyone hurd back about this on what we can do/ what can be done?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ld3289 View Post
    Having the same issue on my ROG 3080 OC but its at about 80% fan speed, very annoying and didnt start till about maybe a week after i installed it, has anyone hurd back about this on what we can do/ what can be done?
    so, they haven't fixed this problem yet on the new cards?

New ROGer Array

Any news on this yet? Same issue here, very obvious vibration issue on the left-most fan (closest to the display out ports) at a wide range of fan speed percentage. The coil whine was something I could get over, but this fan issue gets pretty loud and distracting while playing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast