Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Member Array

We all deserved this type of support.

https://youtu.be/lSb_4RB2nbw

ROG Member Array

Same problem with my 3080 strix, along with microstutter which is a whole other issue.

Contacted ASUS CS to explain my story before I found these threads and I was told that the noise in the video I sent was "mouse clicking or coil whine" and that I was imagining it basically!

Contacted them again after seeing this and they said I can RMA the card through the retailer Amazon.it because they do not deal directly (or at all in my opinion) with these issues. Contacted amazon, who told me that they are unable to do this and all they can do is refund because ASUS are a seperate company and that it makes no sense to send to Amazon, to then send to ASUS which I agree with....so who is having me on?

So as it stands both companies are telling me to sort it with the other. I have messaged Blake@ROG also and waiting on a reply since Sunday.

First time buying an ROG product and was excited to...it will certainly be my last. Completely left out in the cold with this and had opportunities to buy other cards but I wanted to go with top quality components. Back to Aorus next time

ROG Member Array

Don't send your card in for RMA, you will not get your card back from Asus.....I have followed the advice of Blake and did that about a month ago now. Today I got the information that Asus can't repair my card and I can either get a refund or wait at the end of the line for a new one.....really great this....I am not sure what Asus is doing here or if they are trying to make extra profit off the inflated prices but this is not customer friendly at all.

Here is a video of my issue: https://youtu.be/Kpg6-co4JK4 . I am sure Asus is capable of swapping a fan.....

@Blake, could you comment on this. I am not happy at all.

Update: My seller agreed to place me first in line luckily. They also told me that 99% of the cards with this very same issue are refunded by Asus and not repaired.
    Last edited by Eismc2a; 03-17-2021 at 05:50 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eismc2a View Post
    Don't send your card in for RMA, you will not get your card back from Asus.....I have followed the advice of Blake and did that about a month ago now. Today I got the information that Asus can't repair my card and I can either get a refund or wait at the end of the line for a new one.....really great this....I am not sure what Asus is doing here or if they are trying to make extra profit off the inflated prices but this is not customer friendly at all.

Here is a video of my issue: https://youtu.be/Kpg6-co4JK4 . I am sure Asus is capable of swapping a fan.....

@Blake, could you comment on this. I am not happy at all.

Update: My seller agreed to place me first in line luckily. They also told me that 99% of the cards with this very same issue are refunded by Asus and not repaired.
    Oh wow...thanks for sharing this. Blake replied to me and told me my SN was from Germany (bought from Amazon Italy) and sent me a link to the German ASUS RMA site. Haven't done it yet as I'm waiting to see if I can secure another AIB card first...this has certainly reassured me I'm doing the right thing. Shocking

ROG Enthusiast Array rexbinary PC Specs
    rexbinary PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 27" WQHD IPS NVIDIA G-Sync Black/Red Gaming Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2
    Storage #2WD_BLACK 10TB HD
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer II 360
    CaseFractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass
    Power SupplyCORSAIR HX Series HX850
    Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon GX Blue
    Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad XTracGear Carbonic XXL Desk Mat
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Speaker System Z906
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hi_am_muza View Post
    I fixed my rattling at 62-66% speed issue completely. Always happened when I was running a certain compute workload and could recreate the issue repeatably.

Using sag supports, doing vertical case or mount, or applying pressure elsewhere partially fixed it but it arose again when the card was loaded differently.

Now it's gone everywhere.

I Cut three 2x2cm pieces of paper towel.

Then folded 3 times each to make small rectangles.

Using tweezers poking through the blades and without disassembling the card, I shoved them firmly under these plastic pieces that hold the fans, once for each of the three fans until I saw the plastic part lift a little.

It is important that whatever you put in there is fairly tight to put tension/load on the fan mount like a spring, and to prevent the shim from possibly falling out over time.

That raised the fans away from the fin stack.

I tested by tapping the middle of the fan with my finger. Before it would make a clicking sound like something was loose. Now it makes a muffled solid "thunk".

Shimming the middle fan stopped nearly all of the high pitched rattle and changed the pitch to a barely audible duller one.

Shimming all three fans stopped all rattle in all load scenarios. Now I only hear regular fan and air noise.

tfw a piece of paper towel fixes a $850 USD flagship graphics card. YMMV.

Cutaway

Thank you! This fixed my issue. Thank you very much for sharing. This is on my new Strix 3070 Ti, so no they haven't fix the issue on newer cards.
    Last edited by rexbinary; 06-28-2021 at 05:05 AM.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 3801) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
    Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
    Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by hi_am_muza View Post
    I fixed my rattling at 62-66% speed issue completely. Always happened when I was running a certain compute workload and could recreate the issue repeatably.

Using sag supports, doing vertical case or mount, or applying pressure elsewhere partially fixed it but it arose again when the card was loaded differently.

Now it's gone everywhere.

I Cut three 2x2cm pieces of paper towel.

Then folded 3 times each to make small rectangles.

Using tweezers poking through the blades and without disassembling the card, I shoved them firmly under these plastic pieces that hold the fans, once for each of the three fans until I saw the plastic part lift a little.

It is important that whatever you put in there is fairly tight to put tension/load on the fan mount like a spring, and to prevent the shim from possibly falling out over time.

That raised the fans away from the fin stack.

I tested by tapping the middle of the fan with my finger. Before it would make a clicking sound like something was loose. Now it makes a muffled solid "thunk".

Shimming the middle fan stopped nearly all of the high pitched rattle and changed the pitch to a barely audible duller one.

Shimming all three fans stopped all rattle in all load scenarios. Now I only hear regular fan and air noise.

tfw a piece of paper towel fixes a $850 USD flagship graphics card. YMMV.

Cutaway
    Hallelujah, seems that I got this trick to work on a second try. First time I tried this few months ago and I apparently used slightly too thin pieces, the fan was moving slightly when it was pressed from the top. This week I took in use extreme measures to fix the problem. As some people said that they got the rattle to stop by tightening the fan mount screws it was time to take apart the gpu. Found out that 10 out of 12 screws were slightly loose, tightened them and wished for the best. Didn't take long and the rattle started. Couple hours wasted on that project, but at least I got to change the thermal paste and pads which were kind of dry already, only 4 months in use. Temperatures lowered around 10C on idle, and while gaming around 5-10C. Annoyed by the rattle I decided to try once again this wedge trick. Took some thin cardboard and fold it to a nice wedge shape, inside of it I put some two sided tape to make it bit more thick and sturdy. Now the pieces were thick enough to even rise the fan slightly, and it wasn't moving anywhere when pressed from the top. Rushed to launch a game and anxiously waited for the rattle to start. But nothing happened, played for an hour and no rattle, played for another hour and no rattle. Then left the game running for another hour and still nothing. Is it finally fixed? I HOPE SO! Need to knock on wood and hope for the best.

edit: Guess who's back!? LMAO The rattle! But it's really faint and is barely louder than the hum caused by the airflow. Even that it's faint, it's still a rattle that shouldn't exist and it annoys the hell out of me. But the positive side is that it took around 8 hrs for the rattle to start, hopefully it takes another 8hrs for it to start after the gpu has cooled down, and hopefully the rattle is not getting louder.
    Last edited by ekyxor; 09-18-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Moderator Array

Hello ekyxor,
    I'm not sure if you are having the same issue as this thread was discussing.
    But please send the device to service center for further examination if you still have the rattle.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Hello ekyxor,
    I'm not sure if you are having the same issue as this thread was discussing.
    But please send the device to service center for further examination if you still have the rattle.
    Thank you.
    Just send me a set of new fans and I fix the issue by myself.

Moderator Array

Hello ekyxor,
    I'm sorry that we can not send out spare part and we would like to repair the product for you.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Hello ekyxor,
    I'm sorry that we can not send out spare part and we would like to repair the product for you.
    Thank you.
    Got the rattle go away once again, tweaked the support pieces, nobody touches my GPU except me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5