cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus tuf a15 fa506iv-hn294t battery wear

Ryzen9
Level 7
So, I bought ASUS TUF A15 Ryzen 9 + 2060 ((90W) on 17th Oct 2020 and my usage are mostly gaming like moderate to high level, but than after 35 days of usage .. i can see a battery wear level of 6.4% after 1st battery calibration. i.e designed capacity - 48W and now at 44W..
Should i be worried about it ? should i opt for a replacement?
3 REPLIES 3

Jamadar
Level 7
Ryzen9 wrote:
So, I bought ASUS TUF A15 Ryzen 9 + 2060 ((90W) on 17th Oct 2020 and my usage are mostly gaming like moderate to high level, but than after 35 days of usage .. i can see a battery wear level of 6.4% after 1st battery calibration. i.e designed capacity - 48W and now at 44W..
Should i be worried about it ? should i opt for a replacement?

Well, I could only present you with some data to compare.

ASUS TUF A15 Ryzen 7 4800H + RTX 2060.
Bought mine in late June, since then I used it almost exlusively on AC with perhaps only 1-2h per week usage on battery - mostly office/internet browsing (had battery charging set to 60% all times).

After 5 months:

Battery Design Capacity 48 001 mWh
My full charge Capacity 46 155 mWh

It's around 4% of capacity depleted in 5 monts of very light usage

I can see heavy gaming depleting your battery by 8% within a month...

Switch for 90 kWh battery 😉

Well a gaming isn't supposed to wear this much , atleast after only a month..
Secondly my unit comes with 48mwh battery so i dont think Asus will provide 90mwh battery as that one is a different model and mine is different

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Ryzne9,
If you have concern about the Battery situation, please kindly send the device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.