cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Asus GPU Tweak, some keys stops working on the keyboard.

Skuggan
Level 7
Hi,

Everytime I install Asus GPU Tweak latest version it seems to remove some keys from my keyboard, I cannot type any of these @, £, $, € wich is used by holding right-alt+2, 3, 4. 5. And once I do a system restore to remove Asus GPU Tweak to reset the keyboard settings back to default they work again. I have tried 3 times to install Asus GPU Tweak but every single time it removes the same keys. I use a Swedish keyboard, Logitech G15 with the most current drivers. I need a quick fix for this because I have to set a custom profile for the fans on my graphics cards, I use 2x GTX 680.
17 REPLIES 17

el_terrible
Level 8
there is allready a ton of threads about this.. you have to just rebind the hotkeys in GPU tweak for now.. You find them under Settings - Hotkeys in GPU Tweak.. We've asked for a update to disable the hotkeys for a long time now, but apparantly this is too hard for the ROG team to do....

Oh alright thanks, its stupid to have hotkeys wich cant be removed, what happens if I leave the computer on and one of my kids finds the hotkey to increase clockspeed on the graphics cards?

If Asus keeps on being ignorant it's only they who will loose, I've been faithful to Asus for many years and I expect Asus to be faithful to me in return. Therefor, I ask you ROG Team to add an option to disable the hotkeys in GPU Tweak.

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is specific to the Nordic regions keyboards. Sad but true.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

This has to be fixed, it's an annoying issue for those of us that have it. The software also has problems changing the hotkeys as well.

A hotfix with a "Disable Hotkey"-button would have been really nice.

Mirthel
Level 7
Knnow this is a old thread, but for some reason this problem has started again with the new GPU Tweak 2, no problem with GPU tweak 1, so how can they implement an old "bug" there are no button and can't find any regestry entry to change the keybinds 😕

^

These hotkeys are a pain. The ability to rebind, or just disable this function is needed... badly.

matsvg
Level 7
I found a solution to the problem:

1. Run "regedit"

2. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\GPU_T weak\SettingPage" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\GPU_T weakII\Setting"

3. Double-click on the settings that start with "Hot Key", and change them to what you want.

Here is an example of what i changed: 50373

matsvg wrote:

1. Run "regedit"

2. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\GPU_T weak\SettingPage" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\GPU_T weakII\Setting"

3. Double-click on the settings that start with "Hot Key", and change them to what you want.

Doesn't work for me and it is really annoying since everytime I try to do an @-sign, it switches the profile to gaming and turns on 0db which I don't like that much.
Would be an easy fix, but seems like Asus doesn't learn from their mistakes

matsvg wrote:

1. Run "regedit"

You could disable the Hot-Keys completely by changing the "HotKey Enable" parameter to "0" without quotes.