cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What maximum DRAM voltage are ASUS boards built to withstand before degradation?

stormflora
Level 7
I am asking for the purpose of RAM overclocking beyond 1.5V. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Vassilis008
Level 7
stormflora wrote:
I am asking for the purpose of RAM overclocking beyond 1.5V. Thank you.

The ram will likely degrade before the asus board degrades.

Good question, just be carful not all Motherboards and RAM are equal when it comes to voltage.

I run my memory at 1.5V 24/7 and have bumped voltage up to 1.75-1.9V several times benchmarking profiles with vary tight timings without harm,.. active cooling will help, my memory seems to overclock best if temp is below 52c but your mileage may vary depending on your motherboard and RAM.

Braegnok wrote:
Good question, just be carful not all Motherboards and RAM are equal when it comes to voltage.

I run my memory at 1.5V 24/7 and have bumped voltage up to 1.75-1.9V several times benchmarking profiles with vary tight timings without harm,.. active cooling will help, my memory seems to overclock best if temp is below 52c but your mileage may vary depending on your motherboard and RAM.

sounds like samsung b-die to me 🙂

It is not the board you have to worry about .
Different embedded ram controllers prefer different voltage ranges.
So check which one has been used in your sticks first and research its range.
If the name "buildzoid" does not come up in your research, then you are doing it wrong 🙂

With those voltages, even if it is not needed to run, install something at least for longevity's sake.

I got away with one slow running fan until i upgraded from a 2080ti to a 3080

Carlyle2020 wrote:
sounds like samsung b-die to me 🙂

Micron ICs.

+1,.. It's not the board you have to worry about,..

It's if your CPU has a strong enough memory controller to run extreme memory profiles that's most important.

Okay, VDIMM can be pretty much anything so long as I can stabilize it? That's good to know.
My VCCIO/VCCSA are both under 1.25V right now, so I think there's no real harm to the IMC.

What would you guys say is the maximum to test VDIMM at?