cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Updating Issue

Voidcaller
Level 7
I recently got a notice from my ASUS LiveUpdate Utility prompting me to update a bumch of drivers on my computer.

Everything was working fine until it prompted me to update my BIOS to version 202. Upon downloading and installation, the BIOS Flash Program gave me a warning message: "The BIOS version does not match the BIOS ROM version."

Upon getting this, I quickly looked up the current version of BIOS on my computer and saw that it is version 201, which was applied in april 2011. The current version of BIOS is version 203, but I am worried about bricking my laptop, so anyone have advice?

Another thing I noticed on the BIOS flash prompt is that the labeling for the models are slightly different, where one says G74SX and the other, G74Sx, but I am not sure if this means anything.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Voidcaller wrote:
I recently got a notice from my ASUS LiveUpdate Utility prompting me to update a bumch of drivers on my computer.

Everything was working fine until it prompted me to update my BIOS to version 202. Upon downloading and installation, the BIOS Flash Program gave me a warning message: "The BIOS version does not match the BIOS ROM version."

Upon getting this, I quickly looked up the current version of BIOS on my computer and saw that it is version 201, which was applied in april 2011. The current version of BIOS is version 203, but I am worried about bricking my laptop, so anyone have advice?

Another thing I noticed on the BIOS flash prompt is that the labeling for the models are slightly different, where one says G74SX and the other, G74Sx, but I am not sure if this means anything.

Thanks

There have been several posts/threads about this in the past few days. It's almost like everyone who runs Live Update got blasted with the same stuff at once!

DO NOT use any Windows-based utility....WinFlash or Asus Live Update...to update your BIOS. The current BIOS is v203.....if you want to update, use the EasyFlash utility built into the BIOS itself. (EasyFlash directions.)

evga
Level 9
I totally agree with Brody , thats the best option for you.