New ROGer Array

Strix 3090 oc no idle

hi,

my card never goes into idle mode. clock never gets below 1695 and the power consumption never below 130w.
    i tried different settings in the windows power options and in the nvidia power options but nothing changes.

i have one 120hz 3440x1440 display connected.

ROG Junior Member Array

check the nvidia control panel, in 3d configuration, the option for "energy control", and ensure it is i "optimal" or "adaptative" (not sure about the exact names in English). same issue was happening to me and the solution was this.

ROG Member Array

Same is happening to my TUF RTX 3080 this are the values while iddling in desktop

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kve.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	86956

Also it reboots computer when playing a demanding game, like the witcher 3. Just did what aplazu said, and set energy control to optimal, no changes

Aslo got the same display than you, have you tried to play a demanding game, and see if it resets?
    Last edited by Krorghar; 11-22-2020 at 02:58 PM.

New ROGer Array

fixed it, it was because the energyoption in nvidia setting was set to high performance. changed to adaptive and restartet now i clocks down.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Krorghar View Post
    Same is happening to my TUF RTX 3080 this are the values while iddling in desktop

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kve.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	86956

Also it reboots computer when playing a demanding game, like the witcher 3. Just did what aplazu said, and set energy control to optimal, no changes

Aslo got the same display than you, have you tried to play a demanding game, and see if it resets?
    played hitman 2, yakuza 7 and elite dangerous. thankfully no crash.