cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 3090 oc no idle

simsim86
Level 7
hi,

my card never goes into idle mode. clock never gets below 1695 and the power consumption never below 130w.
i tried different settings in the windows power options and in the nvidia power options but nothing changes.

i have one 120hz 3440x1440 display connected.
4 REPLIES 4

azpiazu
Level 7
check the nvidia control panel, in 3d configuration, the option for "energy control", and ensure it is i "optimal" or "adaptative" (not sure about the exact names in English). same issue was happening to me and the solution was this.

Krorghar
Level 9
Same is happening to my TUF RTX 3080 this are the values while iddling in desktop

Also it reboots computer when playing a demanding game, like the witcher 3. Just did what aplazu said, and set energy control to optimal, no changes 😞

Aslo got the same display than you, have you tried to play a demanding game, and see if it resets?

fixed it, it was because the energyoption in nvidia setting was set to high performance. changed to adaptive and restartet now i clocks down.

Krorghar wrote:
Same is happening to my TUF RTX 3080 this are the values while iddling in desktop

Also it reboots computer when playing a demanding game, like the witcher 3. Just did what aplazu said, and set energy control to optimal, no changes 😞

Aslo got the same display than you, have you tried to play a demanding game, and see if it resets?

played hitman 2, yakuza 7 and elite dangerous. thankfully no crash.