Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Rog Strix RTX 3090 OC. I have a 1000w Corsair HX1000i and am using 3 separate 8 pin connector cables (no daisy chains). I haven't pinpointed a trigger for the lights, but when it occurs I shut down and flick the switch off on my PSU until the red power LED's on the GPU turn off, then I fire everything back up.
    Last edited by oTToBawd; 12-04-2020 at 11:37 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array tgaDave PC Specs
    tgaDave PC Specs
    MotherboardC8H
    Processor3900X
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2Z3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 3090 OC
    Sound CardSoundblasterX G6
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Force MP600 1TB
    Storage #2970 Evo Plus 1TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer ii 360
    Caseo11D-XL
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard Ducky Miya68-Pro
    Mouse G Pro wireless
    Headset/Speakers AKG K712 Pro
    OS win10

Quote Originally Posted by skroplex View Post
    Having the same issue with my 3070 rog strix oc card, when i turn on my computer one of the two power leds will start flashing. To make it stop i unplug the computer from the wall socket and they will fade away, plug it back in and start and they are no longer flashing. Tested to run some 3dmark and some more of those heavy programs to see if the card struggled at heavy load or if the leds would start flashing again, they did not start to flash and the card did not struggle. Only when i turn on the computer it will happen.
    "Can be if it initially do not detect enough power, so if it is not on when you restart the computer, then it should not be anything to worry about."
    That was the answer i got from Asus.
    This is good to know! Thanks for sharing.

New ROGer Array

New BIOS

There is a new 3090 BIOS (DEC-14-20) promising to resolve this.

https://rog.asus.com/br/graphics-car...desk_download/

ROG Junior Member Array

Has anyone tested the Bios V2 released on 2020/12/14? Curious as to if there are any serious issues to report...

ROG Member Array

Yep. Worked for me and solved my red lights issue

EDIT: Thought it did. It's back.
    Last edited by rgarodnick; 12-24-2020 at 04:05 PM.

New ROGer Array W0D1N PC Specs
    W0D1N PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Zenith II Extreme Alpha
    ProcessorAMD Threadripper 3960X (24C/48T)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600Mhz C16 (16x4 GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix RTX 3090 OC
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorASUS ROG PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken Z73
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos 700M
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Logitech G430
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500
    OS Windows 10

I updated to V2 and did some motherboard bios tweaks and the led problem seems to be gone for me. The things i changed in my Asus mobo bios was power phasing.

Power phasing from CPU: Auto to Optimized
    Power Phasing from Memory: Extreme to Optimized
    Power Phasing VRM: Auto to Optimized

I think if you try to set all Power Phasing to "Optimized" (Asus optimized) It should handle the boot a bit for the GPU? If you have a different mobo maybe figure out how its called there.

Although our PSU's should have enough capacity, maybe the peak on turning on the PC is to sensitive for the GPU?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by W0D1N View Post
    I updated to V2 and did some motherboard bios tweaks and the led problem seems to be gone for me. The things i changed in my Asus mobo bios was power phasing.

Power phasing from CPU: Auto to Optimized
    Power Phasing from Memory: Extreme to Optimized
    Power Phasing VRM: Auto to Optimized

I think if you try to set all Power Phasing to "Optimized" (Asus optimized) It should handle the boot a bit for the GPU? If you have a different mobo maybe figure out how its called there.

Although our PSU's should have enough capacity, maybe the peak on turning on the PC is to sensitive for the GPU?
    Thanks. The only option my asus maximus hero xii had of the three got mentioned was power phasing for cpu, so I adjusted it to optimized. I'm not sure why I don't have the other two settings.

With each test, I only got red lights if sending the PC to shutdown from windows...and once it turned off I got the red lights. But,if I cycle psu power, I don't get red lights on boot. Strange.

Any idea why I don't have the other two settings you mentioned? Am I missing something somewhere?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just thought I would add that I have not had this issue at all with my 3090 in the 2 weeks Ive had it. Im running an MSI Z390 MEG ACE mobo and an EVGA 1000w 80plus Gold PSU. All 3 PCIE cables come straight from the PSU. I didn't have the issue before or after the bios update.

ROG Member Array

Fixed

Swapped my Seasonic Prime 1300 with a Corsair HX1200i. Problem completely disappeared.

New ROGer Array

I too have the same problem with my asus rtx 3090 strix oc and I have a corsair rm850 power supply.
    Every so often during the start-up phase the red LEDs on the power connector 1 and 3 light up.
    I have never logged into gaming and the card is stable.
    Monitoring with GPUZ the voltages in windows are always ok.
    In my opinion the card has too sensitive a mechanism regarding voltage detection.
    However, the new TweakII Gpu has been released which in the release notes says:
    New function: Power detect switch on ROG STRIX RTX 30 and ROG STRIX RX 6000 cards.
    The indicator on new ROG STRIX cards will flash when a serious voltage drop is detected. We suggest you to check your PSU when you see the flashing, but you can also turnoff the indicator through this new function in GPU Tweak II.
    So they most likely made this fix as many users have complained.

Greetings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast