Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

what sort of voltage do you guys with this issue see on the 8 pin plugs in question ? You can view this in something like GPUZ. What does your 12v rail look like? Is it solid, does it sag? Would be good to know these extra details. If I saw the pins light up, which are meant to signal a voltage issue on the plugs, I would start monitoring my 12v rail hard, and the voltage at the plugs. Would be good to know if for example a 12v sag is occurring

New ROGer Array

I monitor with gpuz I always have 12.1 volts on all three power cables while under load.
    In fact I have never had red led problems while playing.
    I'm just having trouble with the red LEDs, randomly, when I boot the PC.
    Last edited by pazzoide1976; 01-14-2021 at 07:20 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array uplink PC Specs
    uplink PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    Memory (part number)2 x 8GB [2 modules pending] F4-3800C14D-16GTZN running at D.O.C.P. with FCLK @ 1900 MHz
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Sound CardOnBoard S/PDiF
    MonitorAsus ROG XG27UQ [used to have Asus ROG PG27UQ]
    Storage #1Corsair MP600 512GB
    Storage #2Corsair MP600 1TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseStreacom BC-1
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 1200
    Keyboard Logitech MX Keys [used to have Asus ROG Claymore]
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 [used to have Asus ROG Spatha]
    Headset Sony WH-1000XM4 [used to have Asus ROG Centurion]
    Mouse Pad Benq B&H BenQ ZOWIE G-SR [used to have Asus ROG Balteus]
    Headset/Speakers Plantronics/Poly Voyager Legend [used to have Asus ROG Centurion]
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2
    Network Router3x Asus ZenWiFi AX XT8

Question

Same thing here :/. Completely random, is it a real faulty graphics card, or just some FW/VGA BiOS bug?

New ROGer Array

I'm having this same red blinking led issue as well on a rog strix rtx 3070 oc. Is there a fix for this yet?

Cmon Asus give us a answer or a link to update bios. Please

New ROGer Array

I don't know if the problem can be solved via bios.
    In my opinion these vga have a mechanism to check the voltage delivered too sensitive.
    As workaround in the new GPUTWEAK II they gave the possibility to turn off the red LEDs (see release notes):
    New function: Power detect switch on ROG STRIX RTX 30 and ROG STRIX RX 6000 cards.
    The indicator on new ROG STRIX cards will flash when a serious voltage drop is detected. We suggest you to check your PSU when you see the flashing, but you can also turnoff the indicator through this new function in GPU Tweak II.
    The feature is power detect in TWEAK GPU.
    However, I advise you to hear the asus support so that maybe more people complain before we fix it via bios.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by pazzoide1976 View Post
    I don't know if the problem can be solved via bios.
    In my opinion these vga have a mechanism to check the voltage delivered too sensitive.
    As workaround in the new GPUTWEAK II they gave the possibility to turn off the red LEDs (see release notes):
    New function: Power detect switch on ROG STRIX RTX 30 and ROG STRIX RX 6000 cards.
    The indicator on new ROG STRIX cards will flash when a serious voltage drop is detected. We suggest you to check your PSU when you see the flashing, but you can also turnoff the indicator through this new function in GPU Tweak II.
    The feature is power detect in TWEAK GPU.
    However, I advise you to hear the asus support so that maybe more people complain before we fix it via bios.
    Thanks, but If I used GPUTweak II to turn off leds will they stay off if I uninstall gputweak II as well?

Thanks for replying at least. Cheers

EDIT: found it. Will uninstall gputweak II and see if the led's stay off
    Last edited by djk1507; 01-15-2021 at 08:05 AM.

New ROGer Array

The setting can be found here:
    https://i.imgur.com/6ePVBn1.jpg
    In my opinion, to turn off the LEDs GPU TWEAK II must be installed but I'm not sure.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Someone with this issue needs to run another 8 pin from the power supply, but don't plug it into anything. Put a multimeter on it and check what the voltage is reading during system post and boot. Im curious if voltage is indeed going out of bounds during boot on those affected or if its just a bug. Checking the voltage on an 8 pin from the moment power button is hit would at least tell you if the voltage is indeed dipping or spiking. If the voltage checks out stable on all the 8 pins (You could cycle pins from card to multi meter with 1 extra plug connected so you can test them all, but if the voltage checks out fine then you can ignore the led's, as it would clearly be a bug.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KMagic View Post
    Someone with this issue needs to run another 8 pin from the power supply, but don't plug it into anything. Put a multimeter on it and check what the voltage is reading during system post and boot. Im curious if voltage is indeed going out of bounds during boot on those affected or if its just a bug. Checking the voltage on an 8 pin from the moment power button is hit would at least tell you if the voltage is indeed dipping or spiking. If the voltage checks out stable on all the 8 pins (You could cycle pins from card to multi meter with 1 extra plug connected so you can test them all, but if the voltage checks out fine then you can ignore the led's, as it would clearly be a bug.
    it has nothing to do with the psu, a lot of people with many different psus have it. its the card. i have it right no and my voltages are fine.

ROG Member Array Coolguy906 PC Specs
    Coolguy906 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Surface Pro 4
    MotherboardZ270 MAXIMUS IX FORMULA
    Processori7-7700k
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX 1080ti
    Graphics Card #2ROG STRIX 1080
    Storage #1Adata 256GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseIn win Infinite RGB case
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset ROG Strix Fusion
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterROG Rapture

After I did some extensive research, the red LEDs are blinking because the voltage drop is over a certain amount (personnel guess would around 10-15%), this can due to "Irregular" voltage drop of your PSU, custom cables, cables did not plug in properly...ect. This is a "safety" feature to warn users, also as some users mentioned, you can disable the feature in GPU Tweak II, if you decide your hardware are completely fine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast