cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5600x and ROG B550-f Causing FAUX fps drops

ANY7980
Level 7
I also posted elsewhere but it seems appropriate here. I am getting what looks like FPS drops, but they aren't.

5600x

ROG Strix B550

I am monitoring my FPS using MSI AB and in game FPS counter.

My FPS remains stable at 143 while stuttering and what looks like drops to the 30's. This is very odd to me. It happens after sometime playing. It will carry on for a while. Would say it appears as FPS drops every 10- seconds or so and lasts for a seconds. It can easily be measured by looking at a wall and moving left to right in games.

I have done numerous troubleshooting steps.

1. Fully updates windows

2. Latest chipset drivers

3. Checked TEMPS in HW monitor MAX 84c. Normally 80c

4 Measured framerate and frame time in MSI AB. They are stable.

5. DDU'd drivers.

6. Stopped non essential programs.

7. Re-installed windows twice.

8. Changed BIOS

What could be happening here?

Could this be a motherboard problem...
2 REPLIES 2

chris_skaling
Level 7
Which game? I am running into that issue in COD Cold War but that seems to be the way the game handles VRAM and keeping it at a lower target. Have you OC'd at all? Have you OC'd at all? If so try going back to stock everything and see if it continues

chris.skaling wrote:
Which game? I am running into that issue in COD Cold War but that seems to be the way the game handles VRAM and keeping it at a lower target. Have you OC'd at all? Have you OC'd at all? If so try going back to stock everything and see if it continues

Hey the issue you are experiencing is the same? Its on Apex, but probably other games too

Remember I'm not actually getting FPS drops, it just looks that way. It shouldn't be my Gpu's VRAM as it was working ok on a 6700k and ROG board.

No OC's everything is stock