cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos - Unimatrix-359. A Borg inspired build.

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
Hi everyone.

Here are some photos of my current build; the hardware specs can be found below:

Chassis: Raijintek NYX Pro
Motherboard: ROG Rampage V Extreme
CPU: Intel 5960X
RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz (XMP)
GPU: SLI ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti (2 cards)
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
C: Drive: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD
Game drive: 2x Samsung 950 EVO SSD (RAID-0)
Liquid cooling by: Bitspower, Phanteks, and Mayhems.

The hardware is getting on a bit now, with a lot of it being a little over 5 years old. However, when you have an Intel 5960X pushed up to 4.5GHz (150% maximum rated speed - 50% Overclock), ruuning at 1.264v under load with no voltage increase in all that time, it still gets the job done, even now!

I am starting to think about upgrading in the next year or so though. Hardware is getting to the point where an upgrade would be significant, and I will soon notice a point where I am unable to get the performance I want from the system when gaming.

I recently invested in a new chassis - the Raijintek NYX Pro. I went for this as it has an interesting appearence, and would not look out of place as a piece of Borg technology. I have not completely finished this build yet, I want to add sleeved cables, and maybe replace the small tube res on the mobo side with a custom distro block, with Borg insignia to further enhance the theme. Again, I'll probably look into doing these things when I upgrade the hardware.

The tubing was a bit of a nightmare - it isn't perfect. I will be refining this later as well, but I think the overall layout of it will be quite similar.

Enjoy!

0 REPLIES 0