New ROGer Array

Zenith II Extreme Alpha HDD Code 02, CMOS Error

Hey everyone, Im having an issue with my pc boot right now. The last few days whenever I start my PC for the first time in the morning after shut down the previous evening it throws the following error: Reboot and select Proper Boot device.

If I manually shut down and turn back on it would boot fine, however I tried looking into the error because it was annoying to have to start the PC twice each morning. I saw people saying disabling CMS in BIOS fixed the issue so I did that and now Im getting post error and cannot get to BIOS. Ive tried clearing CMOS and now get the following error on the motherboard screen: HDD Code: 02 then CMOS Error

Specs:
    ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha
    128GB DDR4 RAM
    AMD Threadripper 3970X
    Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    Boot drive is M.2 SSD

New ROGer Array

Unhappy Same error

Hi,

I had same problem, on a Zenith Extreme II, worked fine and suddenly i got HDD 02 showing for a bit and then POST ERROR. Sent the MB for repair.. meanwhile i got tired of waiting and then got the Zenith Extreme II ALPHA. Same error on first boot!

Asus Zenith Extreme II Alpha
    AMD TR 3970X
    128 GB ram 8 modulles of 16GB (G-Skill AMD memory)
    ASUS RTX 3090
    PCIe gen4 WD-black 1TB

I suspect that the 3090 might be the issue.
    The MB gets passed the Yellow and the Red leds test and is stuck with the White and the Yellow/greenish LED lit up indicating VGA and post issues.

I did try to use another GPU RX580 in my none-Alpha version no luck after the pst error occured.

ASUS please assist!

Quote Originally Posted by dj.idol.89 View Post
    Hey everyone, I’m having an issue with my pc boot right now. The last few days whenever I start my PC for the first time in the morning after shut down the previous evening it throws the following error: “Reboot and select Proper Boot device”.

If I manually shut down and turn back on it would boot fine, however I tried looking into the error because it was annoying to have to start the PC twice each morning. I saw people saying disabling “CMS” in BIOS fixed the issue so I did that and now I’m getting post error and cannot get to BIOS. I’ve tried clearing CMOS and now get the following error on the motherboard screen: “HDD Code: 02” then “CMOS Error”

Specs:
    ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha
    128GB DDR4 RAM
    AMD Threadripper 3970X
    Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    Boot drive is M.2 SSD