cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z490-F Not Shutting Down Properly / On Next Startup NIC is Deactivated

bhorv67
Level 8
This problem was not resolved by the latest Bios.
At shutdown, the NIC is put into a state where it is deactivated. On the next startup, the NIC is not recognized. The workaround is to restart a second time, which then the NIC is recognized, or power cycle the power supply before starting.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
4 REPLIES 4

bhorv67
Level 8
Apparently this is a known bug in the Intel NIC driver. There is an updated driver posted on the Asus support site, but it refers to also update the firmware before updating the driver, using the firmware update tool. Where can I download the firmware update tool from?

bhorv67
Level 8
Additional update - the firmware update tool is part of the installer available on the Asus support site. The description of the LAN update mentions the firmware must be updated before running the updater. What it fails to mention is the firmware update tool is included in the download.
Once I ran the firmware updater, the NIC update ran without issue.
Problem is solved for me now.

bhorv67
Level 8
Further update - the issue was initially solved after the first restart post the update install. Beyond that, this issue still persists.

bhorv67
Level 8
Does Asus monitor these forums? Would be nice to get a reply from someone who would know how to fix this