cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GPU Tweak II - Won't Start

Sveiny
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I have been using Asus GPU Tweak II since I got my first Asus GPU.
It has sadly stopped working and I can't seem to be able to fix it 😞

Whenever I attempt to start the software, then it says "Suspended" in the Task Manager.

These are the things I have tried:
- Uninstall the Software (Used the remove tool from this forums)
- Install an Older Version

Anyone here that has had a similar issue that might be able to assist me in my situation?
Anything is appriciated! 😄
6 REPLIES 6

Sveiny
Level 7
Right, a quick little update.

I have now gone all the way and reinstalled windows to the latest build - Windows 10 20H2
For some odd reason I still encounter the same issue that the application won't open.

As I was writing this update post, it just hit me. Perhaps ASUS GPU Tweak II does not support the latest Windows version?
Could someone confirm if they run Windows 20H2 and AASUS GPU Tweak II works for them?

EDIT:

Tried to downgrade my Windows down to Windows 10 2004, however it didn't change anything... 😞

Could it have anything to do with what Nvidia Driver you have? I currently run the latest driver.

Also here is information from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: GPUTweakII.exe, version: 2.2.6.0, time stamp: 0x5fb5d3a5
Faulting module name: TweakInterface.dll, version: 1.2.2.2, time stamp: 0x5fb370f4
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0002dd43
Faulting process ID: 0x1748
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c820716f4c7c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII\GPUTweakII.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII\TweakInterface.dll
Report ID: 38b3726e-d842-4cbb-8352-d67dd0cfc011
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Remove any NET framework updates.

ZxTool
Level 7
Same issue here. I also have the same version/update of Windows 10 that you have. It just stopped working a few days ago.

ZxTool
Level 7
I'm no longer having the app crashing issue now that I uninstalled Citrix Workspace. I read a post on another forum and that was mentioned. I use that for work so I'm going to have to find a version that doesn't conflict with GPU tweak, but once I uninstalled it, GPU Tweak started working again.

Hope that helps.

Sveiny wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been using Asus GPU Tweak II since I got my first Asus GPU.
It has sadly stopped working and I can't seem to be able to fix it 😞

Whenever I attempt to start the software, then it says "Suspended" in the Task Manager.

These are the things I have tried:
- Uninstall the Software (Used the remove tool from this forums)
- Install an Older Version

Anyone here that has had a similar issue that might be able to assist me in my situation?
Anything is appriciated! 😄

Same issue, same »solution«. I must decide work or play. It is a bit sad.
Then I kept GPU Tweak II running during the reinstallation of CITRIX Workspace. As a result I could use both of them, even simultaneously. I could start and terminate each program just as I wished.
Well, after rebooting the system the magic was gone. CITRIX worked fine but there was no trace of Tweak.
If some managed to find a real solution I would like to read about it.
Best regards
Andreas

BigJohnny
Level 13
Try afterburner instead.