cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supreme fx issue

peter_tron
Level 7
hello,

after i restarted my pc for an avast update, i no longer see supreme fx when i click the 'show hidden icons' button in my system tray.

i have tried to uninstall/reinstall my realtek drivers but this does not work.

i have seen that others have had similar problems, and they solved it by:

1) locating the realtek folder in their c drive and running the exe directly, but this does nothing.

2) re-enabling it from the process window?
again, nothing. i don't even see 'realtek' or 'supreme fx' listed in my processes window.

i cannot even see a realtek menu window when i plug in headphones.
shouldn't this pop up automatically?

obviously the avast update has really messed things up, as it also made some other programs open at startup, which i had previously disabled.

please, can anyone help?

i just want to get this back, as supreme fx allows me to switch between headphones and speakers without unplugging my headphones.
2 REPLIES 2

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Whenever you seek help, please always indicate which product you talk about (or fill in your PC Specs). By looking at your post history, I was able to determine that you have an ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero motherboard. If this is the case and still is :

You have an ASUS ROG SS2 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG SSx MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

i fixed the problem.

i read on some forums that the most recent realtek driver causes issues, and that the only solution is to install the previous version (2.81).

i hope this can be off some help to others,