cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH-BBST7 Heat issue?

Sagev
Level 7
Up untill 2 days ago this tank has been a monster. It mainly serves as a desktop replacement and is stationary ~75% of the time on my desk. It started to shut off by iteself and refuse to power back on for roughly 3 minutes. It started to exhibit this behavior after I live booted a linux distro SBF an android phone (not syaing its related at all). It did this again once or twice since then, noticed the fans where kickin it fullspeed as well.

Just a few minutes ago I started up LoL and started a game. Poof.. shut off.

I took the back valence off to expose the heatsinks as well as the bottom cover to expose the underside to check for abnormalities. Fans looked atlittle dusted. I tured it back on leaving these areas exposed and noticed that this fan:
(Right side)

was making alittle chatter (possibly bad baring?) The other fan wasnt even on as far as I could tell.

1 REPLY 1

Sagev
Level 7
Updated:

Fixed the problem. I ran HWInfo to check fan speeds because I noticed the left fan wasnt doing anything. The fan was not even reporting. So I took it apart and cleaned both fans. Its now reporting and not running 200+ degrees.