Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Asus Support Nightmare

    Hi, first time posting. And first time ever having to deal with Asus support.
    I love their products, but so far their customer support is beyond horrendous.

    I got a Zephyrus G14 right after release date. I loved the laptop but I noticed it has some coil whine.
    I thought, let me break it in and it might go away. But then I started having other issues and I opened a case with Asus to get the laptop RMA'd.
    I thought everything was going smoothly, until I got the laptop back. And all they did was re-install windows. Like reinstalling windows would fix coil whine, a faulty speaker and a screen that disconnects and shuts off whenever it feels like.

    I reached out and had a second RMA set up. This is where everything went downhill.
    First, they had me ship my laptop to a facility halfway across the country that apparently was no longer active.
    Then for a month, they denied me any information on where my laptop was.
    When I finally pestered them enough they told me it was sitting in a pallet waiting to be moved to the new facility.
    Here's the kicker, the new facility wasn't even opened yet according to the Asus tech I spoke with on the phone.
    And it's only a 40 minute drive away.

    Fast forward 2 months and I was told I would finally have an update.
    I did get one, I was told my laptop arrived in the new facility but it would be a month and a half before they can fix it.

    Okay. So I left them alone for a month and a half because they gave me a due date.
    3 days before the due, I called and asked for an update and I was told it would be done and shipped on the due date.
    Now a week after that due date, I can't even look up my RMA number anymore because it's not found in their systems.
    And no one is replying to the emails, and no one I call has an answer to where the laptop is.

    During these 6 months since this all started. I have spoken to 17 different people.
    I had one person 3 times, repeat to me the exact same copy and paste answer he gave me the day before.
    And did not acknowledge it did not solve the answer until I told him he was the one who made me ship my laptop to a facility that doesn't exist anymore.

    Three supervisors who are possibly the WORST at replying to emails. Ever.
    One of which gave me their direct line, and refuses to pick up the phone or says he'll transfer me to someone and then hangs up.

    At this point, I am convinced Asus has lost my laptop are avoiding responsibility, and are avoiding to admit that they royally ****ed up.

  2. #2
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Yeah, I'm having a similar issue with my motherboard right now.

    For clarification, I've been pretty loyal to ASUS for my motherboards for the last 6-7 years. The board I had before this was the Rampage IV Black Edition and outside of one RMA, the board ran stable until purchasing this one. The Rampage VI Extreme was my obvious choice as I'd had fairly good response when dealing with issues and the board itself runs solid and never gave me any major problems...

    Until recently...

    For transparency, I've owned this board for a little over two years and have RMA'd it twice. The first time was a fantastic experience. They actually sent me a brand new board, with the plastic still on it! Which is a rarity if you know how the ASUS repair service operates. That board worked fine for me until the beginning of the month.

    I decided to make some upgrades to the system, new CPU and GPU. Swapped out the old parts for the new. Then upon powering on the system, no response from the board. No big deal, I set up the RMA. A few days later, sent the board out (11/11). I get another board (11/22) and immediately notice the condition that the I/O is in. The packaging itself was intact, but the only padding was one layer of bubble wrap around the board itself and no cushion in the shipping box, so the motherboard was just sliding around inside. I take the pics and contact ASUS support to make them aware that they sent me a broken board. They tell me that they will have to reach out to the repair center, and that it will take 24-48 hours for them to respond. Monday afternoon (11/23) I get the following response:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support.

    I appreciate your patience and for giving us time to come up with an update for your case.
    I am writing this email to provide you an update about your ongoing case. In accordance to the recommendation of our Management.

    Please be advised service center does not have the i/o shield for model ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    --------------------------------------
    At this point I'm getting frustrated. As you can see in the photos, that I showed tech support, the issue is more than just the bent I/O shield, but the pieces of the board that literally broke off making it inoperable. I hop on the phone with support and make them aware that the board is unusable and will need a replacement. I also tell them I'd like to have a paid shipping label as I do not feel like I should be financially responsible for sending back their broken goods. They process the new RMA and tell me the label will be shortly behind it. 10 minutes later and no label. They then tell me they will be escalating and to wait 24-48 hours for a response...

    24 hours later, no label. 48 hours later, no label.

    Bear in mind that I'm contacting them, via phone and chat at every time stamp and am being told the same thing. Escalation with a 24-48 hour response window... for a return label...

    Finally, on Friday (11/27) after speaking with several other people both via chat and phone support for five days, do I get the label. By this time I'm making my frustration with the issue will known. I explain to the rep that I truly am not frustrated with them, as I know they have rules they need to follow. But make them aware that had I sent my board into them in the condition that the board I received was in, my warranty would be void and I'd be SOL. Due to the fact that I rely on this computer for work, and at this point have been without my computer for going on three weeks, I'd like to see what options there are for some sort of expedition so that I may possibly get a working board before Monday in an effort to keep my job. They tell me that there is nothing they can do and that it will have to go through the standard RMA process. For a damaged board they sent to me.

    As I type this, it is Sunday (11/29). The label they sent me was ground shipping, so they probably won't receive the board until Wednesday (12/2) and take another week to attempt to "repair" the broken board, before sending me another. Hopefully this board will be better packaged.

    I've heard the horror stories about ASUS support before, and though I've had a taste of it to an extent it's never been this bad. Sad thing is, they do make some solid boards, they're both feature and performance rich and some of the best looking boards aesthetically. I've RMA'd boards with EVGA and Gigabyte in the past and NEVER experienced issues like this. Not to mention I'm sure both of those companies would've express shipped a new board out to me once I made them aware that they sent me a damaged board in the mail due to negligent packaging.

    I'd like to stay an ASUS customer, but if it means you've gotta be down a computer for a month while they work out their issues, you're better off just going with a brand that has a better RMA process.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	87046
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	87047

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array Kiriakos-GR PC Specs
    Kiriakos-GR PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS P5QC P45 - 1333MHz
    ProcessorINTEL Q6600
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL-F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT 2x4GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC - iGAMER
    Sound CardCreaive XFi Music
    MonitorDELL U2311H
    Storage #1WD Raptor 75GB 10000 rpm RAID1
    Storage #2WDC_WD1600JS-00MHB1
    CPU CoolerProlimatech Armageddon - Taiwan
    CaseFull tower - HEC - Taiwan
    Power SupplyHIPER HPU-4M780-PE 780W
    Keyboard Microsoft Digital Media 3000
    Mouse Logitech MX510
    Headset/Speakers 2x YAMAHA YST-20 & YAMAHA SUB Woofer
    OS WIN 7 Pro 64 bit RETAIL
    Network RouterASUS GX1105B
    Accessory #1 GELID 12 TC 120mm
    Accessory #2 GELID 12 PWM 140mm

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    53

    I do feel your pain, but neither in Europe RMA this is a fast process.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    66

    Current and perspective customers will be relying a lot on the best given customer support, this seems to be a big deterrent factor.

    Companies should be really careful how they go about their support, the least to say, not to make it so the word of mouth will be further spread in a bad way that can have a huge negative impact, regardless of the companies size and popularity ranked in the industry.

    Sometimes takes years if ever to bounce back and rebuild the big name you’ve worked on for years when too many customers get mistreated without proper rectification.
    Last edited by Megascrypt; 12-01-2020 at 12:50 AM.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by BlooHook View Post
    Yeah, I'm having a similar issue with my motherboard right now.

    For clarification, I've been pretty loyal to ASUS for my motherboards for the last 6-7 years. The board I had before this was the Rampage IV Black Edition and outside of one RMA, the board ran stable until purchasing this one. The Rampage VI Extreme was my obvious choice as I'd had fairly good response when dealing with issues and the board itself runs solid and never gave me any major problems...
    Yea this is most likely the last Asus product I ever buy.. It is incredible how bad this is.
    I was going to get the Rog Strix 3080 but now I'm leaning towards the EVGA card. I heard their customer support is amazing.
    And when I had to deal with them for a PSU issue they replied and helped me out the same day.

  6. #6
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    86

    Quote Originally Posted by AzemNite View Post
    Hi, first time posting. And first time ever having to deal with Asus support.
    I love their products, but so far their customer support is beyond horrendous.

    I got a Zephyrus G14 right after release date. I loved the laptop but I noticed it has some coil whine.
    I thought, let me break it in and it might go away. But then I started having other issues and I opened a case with Asus to get the laptop RMA'd.
    I thought everything was going smoothly, until I got the laptop back. And all they did was re-install windows. Like reinstalling windows would fix coil whine, a faulty speaker and a screen that disconnects and shuts off whenever it feels like.

    I reached out and had a second RMA set up. This is where everything went downhill.
    First, they had me ship my laptop to a facility halfway across the country that apparently was no longer active.
    Then for a month, they denied me any information on where my laptop was.
    When I finally pestered them enough they told me it was sitting in a pallet waiting to be moved to the new facility.
    Here's the kicker, the new facility wasn't even opened yet according to the Asus tech I spoke with on the phone.
    And it's only a 40 minute drive away.

    Fast forward 2 months and I was told I would finally have an update.
    I did get one, I was told my laptop arrived in the new facility but it would be a month and a half before they can fix it.

    Okay. So I left them alone for a month and a half because they gave me a due date.
    3 days before the due, I called and asked for an update and I was told it would be done and shipped on the due date.
    Now a week after that due date, I can't even look up my RMA number anymore because it's not found in their systems.
    And no one is replying to the emails, and no one I call has an answer to where the laptop is.

    During these 6 months since this all started. I have spoken to 17 different people.
    I had one person 3 times, repeat to me the exact same copy and paste answer he gave me the day before.
    And did not acknowledge it did not solve the answer until I told him he was the one who made me ship my laptop to a facility that doesn't exist anymore.

    Three supervisors who are possibly the WORST at replying to emails. Ever.
    One of which gave me their direct line, and refuses to pick up the phone or says he'll transfer me to someone and then hangs up.

    At this point, I am convinced Asus has lost my laptop are avoiding responsibility, and are avoiding to admit that they royally ****ed up.


    My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this nightmare. Please PM or email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

    Product S/N:
    RMA #:
    Full name:
    Phone#:
    Email:

    My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by cl-Adrian@ROG View Post
    My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this nightmare. Please PM or email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

    Product S/N:
    RMA #:
    Full name:
    Phone#:
    Email:

    My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:
    I PM'ed you with the information you requested.

  8. #8
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Megascrypt View Post
    Current and perspective customers will be relying a lot on the best given customer support, this seems to be a big deterrent factor.

    Companies should be really careful how they go about their support, the least to say, not to make it so the word of mouth will be further spread in a bad way that can have a huge negative impact, regardless of the companies size and popularity ranked in the industry.

    Sometimes takes years if ever to bounce back and rebuild the big name you’ve worked on for years when too many customers get mistreated without proper rectification.
    Agreed... Unfortunately for me (and fortunate for them I'd assume) I'm not some big influencer with hundreds of thousands of subscribers. If I had been I'm sure they would've sent me an whole new computer at this point to try to avoid the bad PR. 🙄

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    72

    I heard about very bad experiences with ASUS support, it is not whole ASUS. But still... It was ridiculous as well, of what i heard. Sending that to facility e.g. which doesn't exist anymore is good one... I am not buying anything from ASUS for other reasons, max. what would buy from them is a monitor. They have great monitors. Motherboards on other hand oof!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •