cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Setup 2 x GT-AC5300 Routers

booze
Level 7
Hello all,

I have been running a single AC5300 for a year now and absolutely love it. I have modified my setup and moved my 3 x PC's upstairs along with my original AC5300 router which is connected to my ISP modem upstairs via network cable as are my 3 machines.

I have also bought a second AC5300 which I have setup in my study downstairs which is where I start to get confused. What is the best way to set up these 2 routers for best coverage house wide? There is network cable running between the 2 routers as well in case that is needed.

Is it possible to connect these 2 routers so my devices auto connect between the 2?

Thanks in advance 🙂
1 REPLY 1

ragea1
Level 7
booze wrote:
Hello all,

I have been running a single AC5300 for a year now and absolutely love it. I have modified my setup and moved my 3 x PC's upstairs along with my original AC5300 router which is connected to my ISP modem upstairs via network cable as are my 3 machines.

I have also bought a second AC5300 which I have setup in my study downstairs which is where I start to get confused. What is the best way to set up these 2 routers for best coverage house wide? There is network cable running between the 2 routers as well in case that is needed.

Is it possible to connect these 2 routers so my devices auto connect between the 2?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi Booze!

You should be able to take advantage of AIMesh to set that up, which should be the easiest way to get them talking together 🙂

https://www.asus.com/microsite/aimesh/en/how_to.html