New ROGer Array

How to Setup 2 x GT-AC5300 Routers

Hello all,

I have been running a single AC5300 for a year now and absolutely love it. I have modified my setup and moved my 3 x PC's upstairs along with my original AC5300 router which is connected to my ISP modem upstairs via network cable as are my 3 machines.

I have also bought a second AC5300 which I have setup in my study downstairs which is where I start to get confused. What is the best way to set up these 2 routers for best coverage house wide? There is network cable running between the 2 routers as well in case that is needed.

Is it possible to connect these 2 routers so my devices auto connect between the 2?

Thanks in advance

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by booze View Post
    Hello all,

I have been running a single AC5300 for a year now and absolutely love it. I have modified my setup and moved my 3 x PC's upstairs along with my original AC5300 router which is connected to my ISP modem upstairs via network cable as are my 3 machines.

I have also bought a second AC5300 which I have setup in my study downstairs which is where I start to get confused. What is the best way to set up these 2 routers for best coverage house wide? There is network cable running between the 2 routers as well in case that is needed.

Is it possible to connect these 2 routers so my devices auto connect between the 2?

Thanks in advance
    Hi Booze!

You should be able to take advantage of AIMesh to set that up, which should be the easiest way to get them talking together

https://www.asus.com/microsite/aimesh/en/how_to.html