cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 crashes when clicking on SPD tab viewing system info

AliAPCMR
Level 9
My bios is the latest version, and I have updated windows to the latest version. Additional Ai suite is the latest version to, but every time I click on system information and the tab that says SPD Ai suite crashes. This use to work I have made zero changes to the system, I only updated the bios and windows version to latest version to try an eliminate the issue. Thank you, I removed the serial no from the image for any security issues. 87060
12 REPLIES 12

AliAPCMR
Level 9
Just wanted to say, the other z390 boards have a updated AI suite that was released on 2020/11/24 which was a week ago, does this mean my z390 e board will get it aswell? And in return fixing the issue, I do find it strange the software crashes when I click on the SPD tab.

cekeu
Level 12
Same here, AI suite needs an update.

xyzbird
Level 8
I used 3.00.69 from software & utilities in https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-hero-model/helpdesk_download/ on my Z370. Seems to work fine.

AliAPCMR
Level 9
xyzbird i dont think a z370 software will work on a z390 e board differenr chipsets

AliAPCMR
Level 9
xyzbird, u have a z370 board and ur telling me to install a AMD variant of the software 😕 and u say that works lol good luck mate

xyzbird
Level 8
OK you may ridicule - I don't do any fiddling, only use the fan expert which seems to work OK. Support for Z370 stopped a long time ago and I do try other board software. All the other AI suite programmes open without crashing but as I said I don't fiddle with settings.

Opening System Information and SPD does not cause AI to crash on my system like OP's problem. I am not telling you to install anything but if it was me I would be willing to try it. I am not worried about bricking my system as I have a proven operating system backup.

AliAPCMR
Level 9
xyzbird all is fine in what u said, BUT ONE BIG PROBLEM, I clearly wrote z390 not z370, what makes it even worse is, ur telling me to install a z370 version of the software but ur providing me a url to a AMD BOARD 😕 and ur saying "Ok you may Ridicule", u must be taking the piss. So u want me to try a AMD software on a intel z390 board while ur talking about a z370 board makes complete sense

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Best thing you could do is uninstall all Asus software like AI Suite. To rid your systems of it completely, you pretty much have to reinstall Windows, but what Windows calls a "reset" under recovery will do the trick.

Your system will probably run a lot better without it. You can do pretty much everything you need to from the Bios.

Good luck.

Super Gnome wrote:
Best thing you could do is uninstall all Asus software like AI Suite. To rid your systems of it completely, you pretty much have to reinstall Windows, but what Windows calls a "reset" under recovery will do the trick.

Your system will probably run a lot better without it. You can do pretty much everything you need to from the Bios.

Good luck.

I bought a new 1tb samsung evo ssd to install games on so i decided to do a little test. I removed my 500gb evo where the OS was installed on and connected the 1tb SSD and re installed windows 10 clean install no drivers nothing on the system, everything was straight stock. The issue still remains clicking on the SPD tabs causes the software crash. This is a software issue with windows 10.