New ROGer Array

Rog Strix Scar II GL704GW Keyboard start up issues

Hello guys,
    I have a GL704GW. For some time now i've had an issue with the keyboard, after I shut down the computer and turn it on again (either immediately or after a few hours) the keyboard won´t work, neither the light from the turn on/off button or the lights of the keyboard. After about 5 or 7 minutes it suddenlty starts up, all the lights turn on and the keyboard works great. The track pad always work though.
    Here's a link to a video of the moment the keyboard "wakes up".
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BFH...ew?usp=sharing
    I've tried updating drivers and they all seem ok.

Thanks a lot for the help.

ROG Enthusiast Array mattpunx90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajrentz View Post
    Hello guys,
    I have a GL704GW. For some time now i've had an issue with the keyboard, after I shut down the computer and turn it on again (either immediately or after a few hours) the keyboard won´t work, neither the light from the turn on/off button or the lights of the keyboard. After about 5 or 7 minutes it suddenlty starts up, all the lights turn on and the keyboard works great. The track pad always work though.
    Here's a link to a video of the moment the keyboard "wakes up".
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BFH...ew?usp=sharing
    I've tried updating drivers and they all seem ok.

Thanks a lot for the help.
    i have the same issue with my GL504GW. Now it takes less time to react (almost nothing from time to time), but it got to a point sometime when it was worst. It seems to be a software issue within Armoury Crate and keyboard drivers that doesn't allow keyboard to fully set instantly when you turn on the laptop, and requires more time than it should to "wake up"

Moderator Array

Dear both,
    Please kindly send the device to service center.
    Thank you.