Did you mean: 

C8F Bios 2702

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Version 2702
2020/11/24 20.06 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA BIOS 2702
1.Improve system performance

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file(C8F.CAP)using BIOSRenamer.

Has anyone tried this BIos?
6 REPLIES 6

Th0rHere
Level 7
Currently using this bios but having issue regarding temps. Getting really high idle temps and over the top load temps, seems to very random. Not sure what exactly the cause is, but it's worrying. Hoping new bios will fix this soon.

Can't be seeing over 80-degrees on a custom loop with 2 x 360mm radiators. Definitely not over 60+ on idle.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Hmm... Myself and a few others had the same or a similar problem earlier this year with a Bios for a different motherboard, a Rampage VI Extreme Omega. The then new Bios had our CPUs stuck at the boost speed, and so the clock speeds were stuck at that level and our idle temperatures were in the 70s C with them up into the 90s C under load. We reverted to the previous Bios and the problem went away. Good luck. Oh, and thanks big time for relating here how the new Bios worked out for you.

I doubt this would help, but another poster said to make sure to install a new Bios with your Bios set to default settings.

Also, just curious about your CPU model. If you would be so kind as to post your system specs, that would rock. 😄

3900X with a C8H running 2702 here. Haven't had any problems on my end. Idle and load temps seem normal, equivalent with earlier bioses such as 2311 which is what I upgraded from. If I run into any problems I'll be sure to post back here, but so far so good.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
A few days after installing this Bios, 2702, I got a BSOD with the message:

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

Whether or not this error is related to this Bios is unknown.

Aalkul
Level 7
Im getting strange behaviour. Have had few random reboots with vanilla settings. Have played with adjusting offset +/- and see no noticable change and then mabey get a reboot without any error message. Using PBO with fmax enabled has also shown to be perfomance limiting (all cores boosting to and above 4.5 but the power readings are way off to be able to sustain something like that.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Yup, I just had a booting problem, and unfortunately while afk. But essentially this is what the event viewer reported:

Event 29, Kernel-Boot

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot
[ Guid] {15ca44ff-4d7a-4baa-bba5-0998955e531e}

EventID 29

Version 1

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000080000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-12-10T22:03:04.0644594Z

EventRecordID 4609

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer C8F

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

FailureStatus 3221225473
FailureMsg A fatal error occurred processing the restoration data.