cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no warranty on rtx 2080 because of slightly damaged plastic shell

ZZCOOL
Level 7
i think this is an important subject, i lost the warranty on my rtx 2080 ti because the plastic easily replacable shell has been damaged, this shell is so cheap looking that i didn't take care of it or cared about it and it's another subject that it's unacceptable to sell a $1000+ card made of the cheapest looking plastic when the 780 ti was made in metal with no third party designs seriously it's the least attractive and yet most expensive card i've had how could you do this how?, and now my card possibly is failing and i get no warranty because of a seperate plastic shell that has a small piece on the edge missing that i could easily and invisibly replace, for being a gaming brand that encourages overclocking voiding warranty for a plastic shell without any type of "warranty void if seal is broken" is pretty stupid to me.
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
You could post in the Service Inquiries section of the forum to get a second opinion. If you provide your RMA sometimes they can escalate it for you.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
You could post in the Service Inquiries section of the forum to get a second opinion. If you provide your RMA sometimes they can escalate it for you.

i already contacted them i was told warranty is voided both by the retailer and by asus themselves i don't know if it's the card thats failing but i suspect as much from all the blue screens

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
ZZCOOL wrote:
i already contacted them i was told warranty is voided both by the retailer and by asus themselves i don't know if it's the card thats failing but i suspect as much from all the blue screens

Hi,

fyi.

If it was not clear, we have a 'service inquiries' section below at the ROG forums which ASUS HQ will often monitor, so if you have not discussed with them already, you may want to post your RMA related issue there to 'get a second opinion' and have them re-examine the issue which should be a different group that you have been dealing with for your local support.
Also check the sticky post in that section to get a better understanding of the posts that belong in that section.
Thanks.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?295

Kiriakos-GR
Level 7
ZZCOOL wrote:
i think this is an important subject, i lost the warranty on my rtx 2080 ti because the plastic easily replacable shell has been damaged,

You better hold your horses, damaged plastic shell this translates that the card has fallen to the floor.
Crash impact = electronics damage = Not covered by warranty by any brand.

You better provide pictures at this topic as proofs.

Shoktronic
Level 7
Check with your credit card company also. I know American Express extends warranties and provides an additional layer if the manufacturer wont honor it. I used it when my Sabertooth MB died. Got a refund 100% of what I paid.