cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Ryujin 360 - Is Retail Box Sealed with ASUS Security Tape?

DrJeff
Level 7
I just received my Ryujin 360 from a seller on Amazon.ca and the retail box was NOT sealed with ASUS security tape , in fact it was not sealed at all. All the other ASUS products I have purchased for my new build have been sealed with security tape on the retail box. The seller says that not all ASUS products are sealed......

What have other Ryujin owners experienced? Were your retail boxes sealed? I'm talking about the actual product box and not the brown cardboard box that some ASUS products come in whcih the retail box fits into. My Ryujin came in the retail box which was in a large non-ASUS cardboard box for shipping from the seller surrounded with plastic air bags. The Retail box was not sealed. The product looks new except the pre-applied thermal paste on the pump is smudged and is in a circular pattern. The examples I saw online had a square of thermal paste pre-applied by the factory not a circle.

Should I be concerned? Haven't opened any of the internal plastic bags yet (they seem sealed). I paid for a new AIO cooler and I wanted to make sure that this one wasn't a return or something like that.

Thanks for any help or comments
3 REPLIES 3

DrJeff
Level 7
Any Ryujin owners remember if their retail box was sealed with ASUS security tape?

ASUS support line said they thought it should have been sealed but the ASUS support person didn't even seem to be aware of what the Ryujin was so.........???

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Nope, not sealed. I too bought mine from Amazon. This goes for motherboards too. Probably other things.

Super Gnome wrote:
Nope, not sealed. I too bought mine from Amazon. This goes for motherboards too. Probably other things.

Thanks Super Nome. My Hero XII was sealed, guess it varies..

Greatly appreciate the response.

I'll go ahead and install it and hopefully it will cool my i9-10990K better than the Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT that I'm currently using.