cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus x570 Hero wifi shows 1.449 vcore in bios in Auto for 5950x...why?

shaolin95
Level 8
Guys I just installed my 5950x with latest bios and I am seeing voltages in BIOS like 1.44!
In CPU-Z I see it idle very low but sometimes I will see those big spikes without no work done on the PC. Is there an issue with those Auto settings? Guess it is time to start looking for some bios tweaks posts.
Anyway, should I be concerned?
Thanks!!!
4 REPLIES 4

bitpushr
Level 7
No. There's no need to be concerned. Up-to and including 1.5v is fine for Ryzen.
Generally, voltage will be higher the less threads are loaded as less threads = higher boost. As long as, when more cores/threads are loaded then the voltage drops, you're fine.
I have a 5950x & Crosshair 8 WiFi and this is expected behaviour. Single-core voltage can go as high as 1.49v but then drops into the 1.30s when all cores are loaded.
You're fine.

shaolin95
Level 8
Thank you for the information!
I need to run something like Cinebench 20 maybe to see how the voltage behaves? Which app are you guys using for more accurate voltage and temp readings for this CPU?

Thanks again!

shaolin95 wrote:
Which app are you guys using for more accurate voltage and temp readings for this CPU?
Thanks again!

Im using hwinfo (best) or hwmonitor also aida64 sometimes.

RedSector73
Level 12
Voltage in Ryzen and it's behaviour is nothing like Intel. You need to learn to read it with the actual AMP's or else never make sense of the information.