Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16 - 128GB (4x32)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Sound CardCreative Labs Sound Blaster AE-9
    MonitorSamsung 32" UH750 QLED UHD Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad 360 (3x Uni fan SL120)
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula V2 Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo Transparent One Encore w/ Rel HT/1003 Subwoofer
    OS Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 2x Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM
    Accessory #3 7 Uni Fan SL120 fans for PC case

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Technically it is possible, Intel platforms since Haswell can do it. As for the support of the Ryzen 5xxx CPUs with 4xx series chipsets, it is up to ASUS to consider (because let us remember it anyway for certain, it is not a non-profit NGO ...) if it is more interesting to make shine brand image with gamers by activating this feature where possible (despite most motherboards being mostly EoL), or rather artificially restricting this feature to the latest motherboards to sell more.

In addition, to date this feature only affects new AMD graphics cards, knowing that over 70% of gamers use NVIDIA graphics cards (Steam statistics) and that NVIDIA is working on it only for his RTX 3xxx series GPUs, there is no point in being rushed for the most part.

To date here are the chipsets which have BIOS with BAR/SAM :

AMD :

- 5xx series chipsets (Example : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...helpdesk_bios/)
    - 4xx series chipsets (Example : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...helpdesk_bios/)

Intel :

- 4xx series chipsets (Example : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...helpdesk_bios/)
    - X299 chipset - Beta (Example : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ge2#post824020)
    It would make sense to update the Intel Z390 BIOS if they updated this (over 2 year old) AMD motherboard "Asus b450-f rog strix".

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello, updates for additional rebar support are in the pipeline. Worth pointing out, unless you're using an AMD GPU, it's not even possible to reap any benefits by enabling SAM support at this time on NVIDIA cards.
    Great news! If possible, it would be great if this could be brought to the z370 platform.

ROG Member Array

Bump.

Any news on z370 BAR update???

New ROGer Array

Not having it regardless

I know I'm one of few but I have never really been a massive ROG fanboy. I always thought their stuff was kinda cool but always found better performing options or options priced more competitively from other manufacturers. I like the Maximus Formula I picked up for my 9900K because it was on sale for quite a good deal due to it being outdated at a random retailer I found. I picked up a ROG LC 360 and a pair of Deltas for some really good prices as well.

With all this being said, I'm sorely disappointed and I'm definitely not going to be buying ROG hardware in the future. Again, I'm probably in the minority but I'm sure others are feeling the same way as me. Part of my reasoning for the acquisition of this board was because I thought ASUS would be the first vendor to update the BIOS but somehow Gigabyte was. It stings more due to the fact that I'd been using an AORUS Master for the longest time. I do own an RX 6900 XT and owned a 6800 before that. I prefer the gaming experience offered by these cards for more than what was experienced with the 3080 I owned. Obviously, my opinion is purely subjective, but I don't think RX 6000 card owners are that few and far between seeing as they're far less efficient at ETH mining.
    Last edited by Affxct; 02-23-2021 at 12:39 AM.

New ROGer Array zone PC Specs
    zone PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula 1802 bios
    ProcessorIntel i9-9900k @ 5Ghz all cores
    Memory (part number)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200Mhz @CL16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra
    MonitorAcer Predator X34P
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 1Tb x2
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500Mb x2
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro-X XC7
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 1000D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Corsair K100 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Corsair Virtuo SE
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Cloth Edition
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500e 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Network RouterAsus ROG AX11000
    Accessory #1 Asus external USB Blu-Ray drive
    Accessory #2 Corsair ST100 RGB
    Accessory #3 ALL THE RGBS

Quote Originally Posted by Affxct View Post
    I know I'm one of few but I have never really been a massive ROG fanboy. I always thought their stuff was kinda cool but always found better performing options or options priced more competitively from other manufacturers. I like the Maximus Formula I picked up for my 9900K because it was on sale for quite a good deal due to it being outdated at a random retailer I found. I picked up a ROG LC 360 and a pair of Deltas for some really good prices as well.

With all this being said, I'm sorely disappointed and I'm definitely not going to be buying ROG hardware in the future. Again, I'm probably in the minority but I'm sure others are feeling the same way as me. Part of my reasoning for the acquisition of this board was because I thought ASUS would be the first vendor to update the BIOS but somehow Gigabyte was. It stings more due to the fact that I'd been using an AORUS Master for the longest time. I do own an RX 6900 XT and owned a 6800 before that. I prefer the gaming experience offered by these cards for more than what was experienced with the 3080 I owned. Obviously, my opinion is purely subjective, but I don't think RX 6000 card owners are that few and far between seeing as they're far less efficient at ETH mining.
    It doesn't matter one bit who was first to implement it. It matters that they do it, and the announcement that it is in fact in the works is great news. Even if it doesn't buy us much (testing has shown some benefits on other manufacturer's z390s), it is still a gesture of support and it's appreciated.

New ROGer Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)N/A
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16 - 128GB (4x32)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Sound CardCreative Labs Sound Blaster AE-9
    MonitorSamsung 32" UH750 QLED UHD Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerLian Li Galahad 360 (3x Uni fan SL120)
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplyCooler Master V1200 Platinum
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula V2 Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo Transparent One Encore w/ Rel HT/1003 Subwoofer
    OS Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 2x Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM
    Accessory #3 7 Uni Fan SL120 fans for PC case

Quote Originally Posted by Affxct View Post

Yes, Gigabyte did add the Resize BAR to their Z390 motherboards in their latest BIOS. However, if you look at the last time they updated the BIOS prior to this update, you will see that it has been over a Year. Asus on the other hand is still updating their BIOS for Z390. My point is, you will eventually get the Resize BAR and possibly a few more updates after that, and Asus seems to have 12+ more months of support than Gigabyte.
    Last edited by Jesseinsf; 02-25-2021 at 10:46 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseinsf View Post
    Yes, Gigabyte did add the Resize BAR to their Z390 motherboards in their latest BIOS. However, if you look at the last time they updated the BIOS prior to this update, you will see that it has been over a Year. Asus on the other hand is still updating their BIOS for Z390. My point is, you will eventually get the Resize BAR and possibly a few more updates after that, and Asus seems to have 12+ more months of support than Gigabyte.
    Gigabyte updates their bios several times in a year. If you look at the dates on a Z390 Master you would think its over a year. The F10 bios showing 2019 was updated in beta form with a letter before becoming F10 final and now F11 is the beta and every time its updated, they just delete it and add the new beta version with date released, so it looks like its been over a year, but its been updated several times already with the date rolling forwards. Their site lists F11n as latest, but the latest is F11o , which I have two versions, but not on the official page yet.

New ROGer Array foetopsy PC Specs
    foetopsy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE
    Processori7 8700k @5.0
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600 F4-3600C17D 16Gb
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC
    Sound CardCard:Creative Sound Blaster Omni
    MonitorAOC C24G1
    Storage #1Kingston KC400 256G
    Storage #2TOSHIBA HDWD130 3Tb
    CPU CoolerAlphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU
    CaseFractal Design Arc XL Black
    Power SupplyFractal Design edison m 750w
    Keyboard TESORO Durandal (Cherry MX Red)
    Mouse logitech g403
    Headset kingston hyperx cloud ii
    Mouse Pad ASUS Echelon
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud Core KHX-HSCC-BK-BR
    OS WINDOWS 10 Pro 64bit 20H2
    Network RouterKeenetic Giga III

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC released bios 2021-02-17 Resizable BAR I wonder why only asus pulls with this?

New ROGer Array foetopsy PC Specs
    foetopsy PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE
    Processori7 8700k @5.0
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600 F4-3600C17D 16Gb
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC
    Sound CardCard:Creative Sound Blaster Omni
    MonitorAOC C24G1
    Storage #1Kingston KC400 256G
    Storage #2TOSHIBA HDWD130 3Tb
    CPU CoolerAlphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU
    CaseFractal Design Arc XL Black
    Power SupplyFractal Design edison m 750w
    Keyboard TESORO Durandal (Cherry MX Red)
    Mouse logitech g403
    Headset kingston hyperx cloud ii
    Mouse Pad ASUS Echelon
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud Core KHX-HSCC-BK-BR
    OS WINDOWS 10 Pro 64bit 20H2
    Network RouterKeenetic Giga III

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseinsf View Post
    I sit on BIOS 1302 2019/09/11 and I think it is the fastest, most stable and not killed by ME, and this is confirmed even by Geekbench 5 and I hope to modify these new functions on 1302 as well if possible

New ROGer Array

Resizable Bar not enabled

Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero w/ Bios 2004
    Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC w/ latest VBios
    Latest Nvidia drivers installed

And in system info in Nvidia control panel it says Resizable Bar NO, everything is enabled in the bios. Is this even ready for my card?
    Last edited by DGVET; 02-28-2021 at 04:44 AM. Reason: title spelling error

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast