Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

RESIZE BAR for Z370/Z390 chipset

Good afternoon,

I would like to know if a BIOS update will be released for the z370 / z380 motherboards with RESIZE BAR option?

Thanks
    greetings

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 10 64 bit 21H1/VB/19043.x

Hi,

Technically it is possible, Intel platforms since Haswell can do it. As for the support of the Ryzen 5xxx CPUs with 4xx series chipsets, it is up to ASUS to consider (because let us remember it anyway for certain, it is not a non-profit NGO ...) if it is more interesting to make shine brand image with gamers by activating this feature where possible (despite most motherboards being mostly EoL), or rather artificially restricting this feature to the latest motherboards to sell more.

In addition, to date this feature only affects new AMD graphics cards, knowing that over 70% of gamers use NVIDIA graphics cards (Steam statistics) and that NVIDIA is working on it only for his RTX 3xxx series GPUs, there is no point in being rushed for the most part.

To date here are the chipsets which have BIOS with BAR/SAM :

AMD :

- 5xx series chipsets (Example : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...helpdesk_bios/)
    - 4xx series chipsets (Example : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...helpdesk_bios/)

Intel :

- 4xx series chipsets (Example : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...helpdesk_bios/)
    - X299 chipset - Beta (Example : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ge2#post824020)
    Last edited by MoKiChU; 01-09-2021 at 03:26 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

I think that it was not bad for both INTEL and ASUS to offer this treat to their customers since Intel has been failing so much with security problems in its processors that updates to try to solve the problems take away performance.
    It would be fair for them to please the customer.

New ROGer Array

Would definitely like to see Resize BAR offered in Z370/Z390, as those mobos are still running abundant in use.

New ROGer Array Stex-red PC Specs
    Stex-red PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus z390 - H
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb ddr4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS DUAL-RTX2080-A8G 8gb
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    CaseCooler Master MasterCase H500M
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra 1000 Titanium
    Keyboard corsair k95 platinum
    Mouse corsair m65

what is resize bar?

New ROGer Array

I bought high end motherboard M8 Hero so I would like and hope that they bring these kind of hidden features via simple bios update now when its relevant tech next year. That would be good support for these expensive products.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Z370/Z390 are EOL

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just to add some of the rumours I've heard, Nvidia is going to implement a SAM-like feature with its new 3080 TI in Q1/21 too. And they're (hopefully) also planning to backport it towards the 3080/3090, whereas this likely will require a GPU BIOS update also.
    Anyhow, would be really great if Asus Z390-series of motherboards will enable support for BAR. Thanks!

ROG Junior Member Array

I think the RESIZE BAR / SAM should reach the RTX2000 / 3000 series and also the Z370 / Z390 / Z490 chipsets as they are practically identical technologies, there is no excuse to say that it is not compatible.
    And I think it would be a way for ASUS AND NVIDIA to prove that it is worth buying products from them, as I have already bought about ten computers always equipped with NVIDIA AND ASUS in my entire life, and there must be many like me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Asus has started to support Resizable bar for 1st generation AMD processors.
    We expect the same dedication within the intel 8th and 9th generation.

(Source)

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast