cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Delta Version 0144 - Low mic input volume

ViPERacing
Level 7
I don't want the LED to stay on when I turn off the computer and I don't like to manually switch off the RGB on the headset when I don't use it, so I've turned off Fast Boot in Windows 10 and it powers down the headset when I turn off the computer. With the latest BIOS "Version 0144", the mic input volume is really low when I use it after a boot. The only way to fix the problem is to unplug the USB from the computer (USB C or 2.0, doesn't matter) and plug it back. It works well from there until I shut down the computer. With Fast Boot on, you won't get this issue unless you turn off the PSU switch or unplug the power cord. With Version 0039_beta, I don't get this issue so I'll stick with this version until it gets fixed.
27 REPLIES 27

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
i will take a look since i am following these case for a while and is correct and confirm i will pass it.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I have the exact same problem with the exact same way to fix it. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

MrAgapiGC wrote:
i will take a look since i am following these case for a while and is correct and confirm i will pass it.

i have problem too, mic not working on ver0144 when i replug usb-c to usb, mic working but headphone not working only mic working interesting issue

i downgrade 0039_beta

any uptade to this Issue ? the mic is very low when I play dota 2, i have to plug and replug every time when I turn on the pc , it's very annoying to do this every day 😞

i have the same question. Can asus answer quickly ? just to know if i continue to pray everyday for a new firmware to avoid the daily unplug replug?

Serj_Ajeossi
Level 7
ViPERacing wrote:
I don't want the LED to stay on when I turn off the computer and I don't like to manually switch off the RGB on the headset when I don't use it, so I've turned off Fast Boot in Windows 10 and it powers down the headset when I turn off the computer. With the latest BIOS "Version 0144", the mic input volume is really low when I use it after a boot. The only way to fix the problem is to unplug the USB from the computer (USB C or 2.0, doesn't matter) and plug it back. It works well from there until I shut down the computer. With Fast Boot on, you won't get this issue unless you turn off the PSU switch or unplug the power cord. With Version 0039_beta, I don't get this issue so I'll stick with this version until it gets fixed.

I have exactly the same problem. With bios version 0144 and earlier, I could downgrade it to 0039 and it could be solved. But recent bios version 0150 realised, and I decided to test it. Unfortunately, the problem with low mic input volume persisted, but now, after new bios installed, I can't downgrade it to any previous versions, presented on the Asus support site (tried 0039_beta, 0045, 0105). When I start USB Audio FW Update Tool there is a message in the status line: "No USB sound" and upper menu is clear and I can't choose my delta headset, but it's 100% plugged and work fine (only low mic input volume, fixed by unplugging plugging back). It's very annoying, please, ASUS, fix this problem asap, or return us the possibility to downgrade headset bios again.

If anyone out there still cares about this headset and this issue, please fix this issue. I'm tired of unplugging and plugging the headphone cable. You introduced the best headset in the world but you are not even solving problems.
My Windows is the latest version, all drivers are up to date, Armory Create is up to date, 0150 bios of the headset is installed. What are we gonna do ? JESUS !

Voldemort
Level 9
ViPERacing wrote:

Same problem for my asus rog delta... Tried everything to get it fix, but with no success.

IvayloStrix wrote:
Same problem for my asus rog delta... Tried everything to get it fix, but with no success.

So basically, I have a problem with my delta headset. The mic has input only when I HOLD it very close to my mouth, or when I spend 10 minutes to get a position where it gets input.. Really annoying and kinda dissappointing, since this is my favourite headset. I really can't deal with this, since I have online classes very often..