cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF506IV-AS76 Tocuhpad issues

Uranium-235
Level 7
I've have the asus touchpad driver insalled (HID/Asus Precision Touchpad)

Windows is set for two finger scroll, and it does not always work. Sometimes I swipe up and down and it does nothing or barely does any stream at all. Other times after I've scrolled, I move to single finger and it just does not work at all. I've messed with the sensitivity in win10 and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Anyone experience anything like this on the Tuf A15?
8 REPLIES 8

Uranium-235
Level 7
also sometimes when i'm using the two finger scroll, it will just move the mouse, not register the second finger

Uranium-235
Level 7
Also, yes I have updated to the latest bios

Uranium-235
Level 7
nothing to do with my issues. As a technician I troubleshot it enough to find the issue was the asus touchpad driver. I reverted it back too the windows touchpad driver and it started working much better. Further research showed me a thread that says it has to do with the touchpad FFC (flat flex cable) and how it's hooked up during assembling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLaptops/comments/ha0fg7/asus_tuf_a15_trackpad_issues/

touchpad still freezes whenever i need it most

hmm...the touchpad laggy issue seems to be fixed after adding RAM to 16GB. before you rush to add RAM, see if your virtual memory page file size is set to auto, if not, try it out.

edit: the touchpad lagged for 2 seconds right after i posted this message. 😞

syyyap wrote:
hmm...the touchpad laggy issue seems to be fixed after adding RAM to 16GB. before you rush to add RAM, see if your virtual memory page file size is set to auto, if not, try it out.

edit: the touchpad lagged for 2 seconds right after i posted this message. 😞

ASUS TOUCHPAD, DO NOT INSTALL, USE THE MICROSOFT (HID compatible device, NOT "HID compatible mouse"), AVOID ERRATIC MOVEMENTS AND LACK OF RESPONSE.

Da-BOSS
Level 10
Use ASUS Precision Touchpad 16.0.0.11 , Not a single issue.