cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog strix scope problem

noscop3_
Level 7
So I recently bought a rog strix scope tkl deluxe edition(MX reds) and I have been using it for around 7 days. From the very start, there has been a very weird coil whine noise. Now I wouldn't mind if it was silent, but in a quiet room with no headphones on I can hear it by standing in front of my monitor. I can't hear it with headphones on, but it's still very annoying, and I don't think this should be happening with a $150 keyboard. Any fixes? Everything else is perfect about it and I would like to avoid RMA because I heard a lot of people have issues with the switches and since I don't I would like to keep this one, just without the coil whine if that's possible.
5 REPLIES 5

noscop3_
Level 7
upp... please help me...

fcsoares43
Level 9
Could you tell me if wou got the problem i have in my Asus Flare, i tried to hear a noise from flare but it doesn´t do one i see in the internet in Claymore Version someone say someting like noisy keys but i don´t think this is your problem... I would ask you if could see my problem and say if happens to you i would be appreciat thanks ASUS FLARE PROBLEM (HELP PLEASE !!!!) URGENT this is my topic in this forum .... thanks

Tuffyrtx
Level 7
noscop3_ wrote:
So I recently bought a rog strix scope tkl deluxe edition(MX reds) and I have been using it for around 7 days. From the very start, there has been a very weird coil whine noise. Now I wouldn't mind if it was silent, but in a quiet room with no headphones on I can hear it by standing in front of my monitor. I can't hear it with headphones on, but it's still very annoying, and I don't think this should be happening with a $150 keyboard. Any fixes? Everything else is perfect about it and I would like to avoid RMA because I heard a lot of people have issues with the switches and since I don't I would like to keep this one, just without the coil whine if that's possible.

I just bought the scope tkl today. I'm experiencing the same thing. This coil whine noise is coming from RGB. When rgb is on, it makes that noise. Try turning it off. First I heard this noise I thought I was tripping lol. Have you found solution yet? this is getting annoying. I really dont wanna return it cuz I like everything about it

SaltyCookie
Level 7
Do you have speakers attached to your PC? I ask, because it's likely the 'coil whine' sound is coming from there. It may seem like it's coming from the keyboard, but it's from the speakers of your PC. And yes, the noise gets worse when the RGB is increased.

SaltyCookie wrote:
Do you have speakers attached to your PC? I ask, because it's likely the 'coil whine' sound is coming from there. It may seem like it's coming from the keyboard, but it's from the speakers of your PC. And yes, the noise gets worse when the RGB is increased.

nope it's straight from the keyboard. To be specific, it's coming from right side of the kb. if u do have one, put your ear closer to the kb. its not that loud but loud enough to disturb me when doing something productive in quiet room. I got a replacement one and still has the same problem. I guess asus F'ed up on this one. Imma return this thing. looking at hyper x tkl alloy core.