Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    GT-AC5300 - How often do you restart the router?

    GT-AC5300 - How often do you restart the router?

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    I schedule a reboot every Wednesday

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by jefftk99 View Post
    I schedule a reboot every Wednesday
    I also restart once a week, if I did not restart, the media server did not work

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    My last reboot was 42 days ago after power failure in within my precinct due to surge. It not required or necessary to reboot in my opinion unless a firmware upgrade.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Have most of the functions on the GT-AC5300 turned on?
    - VPN
    - DNS
    - Media server
    - HDD
    AirProtect
    etc?

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by muzykcb View Post
    Have most of the functions on the GT-AC5300 turned on?
    - VPN
    - DNS
    - Media server
    - HDD
    AirProtect
    etc?
    Except for media player.
    1. External RAID storage
    2. VPN
    3AI protect
    4. CCTV
    5. AI mesh with another AC5300.
    6. Max 16 devices connected.

    No gaming, too old to join the fun. 2 desktop PC 24/7. Even I vacuum the router for cleaning, I do not off my router.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    In My humble opinion, most router failed due to;

    1. Temperature.
    2. ISP connection drop
    3. Sudden surge in power input

    May be I am a fortunate that I am living in a country that have less internet outrage and power failure.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by ahfoo View Post
    In My humble opinion, most router failed due to;

    1. Temperature.
    2. ISP connection drop
    3. Sudden surge in power input

    May be I am a fortunate that I am living in a country that have less internet outrage and power failure.

    - The ambient temperature is 21 degrees,
    - I have a UPS connected to a router

    In my opinion, the problem is with errors in the router firmware. The router has a lot of possibilities but the software is not well developed.

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    What are the issue you need to restart or reboot your router under what circumstances or reason?

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by ahfoo View Post
    What are the issue you need to restart or reboot your router under what circumstances or reason?

    After a while, it freezes:
    - media server (TV sets cannot see the server)
    - Dropbox synchronization can hang

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •