Processori5-7600
    MonitorAsus PB278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB
    Storage #2WDC Black 1TB
    CaseFractal Design Define Mini C
    Power SupplyEVGA 550-G2
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

RT-AC88U F/W update loses web interface

I just updated the firmware from .20631 to .41535 using the router's web interface. After 100% completion I got the log in screen and logged in once to look at the log. I then clicked on the Network Map and it just hung with a blank screen. I could not get it back.

I powered down and restarted the router. After it came up, I could get to the log in screen but once I enter that in it hangs again, eventually timing out.

All my devices seem to be working alright, both LAN and wireless, so the router is doing everything except allowing access to it's web interface.

I also have the Android app and it too is failing to get very far. It does show the latest firmware version, but that's about it. It keeps getting connection failed.

Because I use MAC filtering for all my devices, it it imperative to have the web interface. I've done firmware updates before and never had any trouble until now. Any suggestion as to what to try. Fortunately, I saved the settings yesterday in case of trouble.
    Asus Z270M-Plus

ROG Member Array AZBruno PC Specs
    AZBruno PC Specs
    MotherboardZ270M-PLUS
    Processori5-7600
    MonitorAsus PB278Q
    Storage #2WDC Black 1TB
    Power SupplyEVGA 550-G2

I again powered down and up the router. I noticed this time it seemed to come up quicker. I then went to my browser history to immediately go to another page on the router's web interface. It first gave me the log in screen and then went to that other page. Now all the pages seem to be working again. The Android app is also working again.

I have no idea what happened, but at least I get my day back.
    Asus Z270M-Plus

ROG Member Array AZBruno PC Specs
    AZBruno PC Specs
    MotherboardZ270M-PLUS
    Processori5-7600
    MonitorAsus PB278Q
    Storage #2WDC Black 1TB
    Power SupplyEVGA 550-G2

All is not well.

When I make a change to the router configuration and apply it, after the updating message gets to 100% and disappears, the router may be failing to respond. Looking at the lights on the router, it appears as though it is restarting itself. My guess is that the firmware is crashing.

Is it easy back off to the prior firmware version? I feel this latest is very poor.
    Asus Z270M-Plus