cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS 3080 STRIX dead

djase
Level 10
Hello,

I own my 3080 Strix OC since November 20, 2020 purchased on the ASUS EShop ROG-STRIX-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING | ASUS France, but yesterday my computer crashed during a game session when suddenly the screen displayed "no signal", the GPU fans went to maximum with the computer audio always in the background, but the PC did not react, I had to manually turn it off with the power button. However, it didn't turn on again after that (absolutely nothing happens if I press the power button). At first I thought it was a faulty power supply (Corsair RM1000x, also only a week old) but I just received a new one today (Corsair RM1000i) and it still had the same problem. After a few adjustments, I realized that the PC could very well turn on if the 3080 is disconnected from the motherboard OR if I plug it into the motherboard but only connect the left-most PCIE 6+2 socket and the middle one to the power supply (if I connect all 3 or only the right one, it won't boot). The pins seem correct for my untrained eyes (see the attached picture), so it seems to me that the card is completely broken after only three weeks of use without OC, without disassembling, with temperatures never exceeding 65-66 degrees with a use never exceeding 95% in a Lian Li O11D case which is a huge disappointment. I tested my 3080 in my sister's PC and the concern remains the same. What should I do because being in the field of 3D and teleworking and not having the means to take a 3090 I am currently without a PC because I am writing to you from my cell phone. I am at your disposal for further information. Sincerely, Mickaël.

First reply from : It starts well because here in France the telephone customer service does not support gpu it is necessary to pass by a mail suuportacf2@asus.com it starts well still no response

Second reply :
Message from servicecenter_emea@asus.com I dont get it, i bought my 3080 on ASUS ESHOP so which reseller ?
Hello Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting ASUS technical support.

After reading your e-mail, we understand that you have a malfunction in your Asus ROG-STRIX-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING graphics card.

Taking into account your details, please note that it is mainly a hardware problem with the graphics card.

In this case, we invite you to contact your dealer, who will be able to test your hardware and send it for repair.

Regarding the return of your graphics card, we would like to inform you that we do not send the components for repair directly through Asus, but only up the original sales chain:

Customer >> Reseller >> Wholesaler >> Repair Center.

Therefore, please contact the reseller/wholesaler to check the product and send it to the workshop.

The warranty of your graphic card is provided by the reseller for a period of 3 years.

We remain at your disposal, Mr. XXX, for any further questions.

In case of answer, please keep the history of our e-mail exchanges for this request.

As part of the continuous improvement of our quality of service, you are likely to receive a satisfaction questionnaire. We invite you to complete it.

Thank you for your confidence.

Wishing you a good day.

We wish you a good day,
Nadhem_S
ASUS Customer Service
https://www.asus.com/fr/support/

I really need your help
4 days that my card is dead and no progress only answers without any sense of the different protagonists! PLease help i tried everything : shop_fr@asus.com, supportacf2@asus.com, onlineservice@asus.com and advance.rma.eu@asus.com
|/ Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic - Black.
|/ Corsair RM1000x & CableMod Classic ModFlex Black-Blue.
|/ Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi.
|/ AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D.
|/ AIO Corsair H150i Elite LCD & CableMod A​IO Sleevin​g Blue.
|/ G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32Go DDR5-6000 CL30-38-38-96.
|/ Gainward GeForce RTX 4090 Phantom & Cable Corsair 12 Pins.
|/ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB / Samsung 980 PRO 2TB / Seagate BarraCuda 4 To.
18 REPLIES 18

Nate152
Since you use your pc for work, I sent Blake a private message to hopefully speed this along.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello djase,
Please kindly PM me your SN.
Thank you.

answer from shop_fr@asus.com as usual i'm stuck

Hello Mr. xxxx,

Thank you for contacting ASUS technical support.

After reading your e-mail, we understand that you have a malfunction with the Asus 3080 Strix OC graphics card.

Taking into account your details, please note that this is essentially a hardware problem with the graphics card. In this case, please contact your dealer, who can test your hardware and send it for repair.

Regarding the return of your graphics card, we would like to inform you that we do not send the components for repair directly through Asus, but only up the original sales chain:

Customer >> Reseller >> Wholesaler >> Repair Center.

Therefore, please contact the reseller/wholesaler to check the product and send it to the workshop.

The warranty of your graphic card is provided by the reseller for a period of 3 years.

Note: ASUS eShop is an authorized Asus reseller.

We remain at your disposal for any further questions.

Wishing you a good day.

Best regards,
Nadhem_S
ASUS Customer Service
https://www.asus.com/fr/support/
|/ AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D.

Nate152
Send Blake a private message with the serial number of your RTX 3080.

Under his ROG avatar click send private message.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?522250-Blake-ROG

Nate152 wrote:
Send Blake a private message with the serial number of your RTX 3080.

Under his ROG avatar click send private message.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?522250-Blake-ROG

Thank you I sent him all this this morning local time I am waiting for his answer, I hope that he will be able to lead me because now I have exhausted all the options.
|/ AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D.

Nate152
Excellent, Blake is very active here on the forum, expect a response sometime today.

still no answer
|/ AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D.

it's been 5 days since my gpu died, i know blake is doing what he can to help me but i've always been faithful to asus for years without any worries. And the first time I need them I fight as possible for a fair rma while in front like evga in 48H 72H it's settled! I don't know how long I'm going to wait for my card after it's sent but I'm extremely disappointed by asus! 870€ for a broken gpu and a battle path for a rma.
I don't know about you, but for me it's a lot of money and I've been entitled to a nice paperweight for the last 5 days.
|/ AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D.

the shop answered me by sending me a voucher for a return for a refund except I want an RMA! I'll never get out at this rate there .... it's already hard to find a 3080 while mine is just waiting to be repaired!
|/ AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D.