cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG Problems B550-E and bios 1401 !!!

lzeppelin
Level 7
Hi I am having big problems since I installed bios 1401:

-Often Spontaneous PC restarts (windows 10 20h2)
-Sometimes Monitor goes black with no video signal
-Keyboard and Mouse freeze every 2-3 minutes

My configuration:

Ryzen 3 3100 no OC
B550-E Wifi
16x2 GB Gskill Sniper X (F4-3200C16D-32GSXFB) listed in QVL, running at DOCP
Asus ROG 2070 OC with the latest NVIDIA drivers

The computer is unusable.

Global C STATE set to disable and POWER Supply Idle Control set to Typical Current Idle (as suggested on the other post) no effectes on my system .

And from EZ flash I can no longer go back to the previous bios 1202. If I point to 1202 file CAP in my HD, I have this message: "Select File is Not a Proper BIOS"
Also EZ Update under windows report: The model of the bios image do not mach the bios rom currently present

Now, how can I do for downgrade?

😞
2 REPLIES 2

lzeppelin
Level 7
Hello everyone, i found that if i set RAM to a lower frequency, then it seems to work and all the previously listed problems disappear.
With the previous bios,1202, my ram was quietly going to 3600 Mhz, now not even DOCP (3200).... I have to set it to 3000 for stability.

The keyboard and mouse freezing issue can be resolved by plugging them into the USB3 ports instead of the USB2 ports. Front panel or back makes no difference. The only USB2 port without freezing is the Bios Flash port, but that's becuase it's directly connected to one of the usb host controllers rather than the usb2 hubs.

This is a problem with this motherboard. Lot's of people expereince it and don't have any idea what to do. I contacted asus support but they said to RMA it. According to a bunch of users it started in a bios update around August this year I believe.

I also find, extremely strangely, that by running the blizzard system tray app where they launch games from, prevents the freezing in the USB2 ports. Go figure.

I don't know much more about this issue. I'm using my USB3 ports and ignoring it.

Edit: Oh haha here's the post with people talking about the freezing https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?121280-Rog-strix-b550-e-gaming&highlight=b550-e