cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF 3080 Official Update Tool Bricked-Deleted 1/2 BIOS

Sound_Beats
Level 7
Hello,
I tried to use Asus official update tool (v1) to update BIOS on RTX3080 TUF OC.
Bios switch was set on perf. bios.
I followed the app instructions, but finally popped window the update is failed.
The card and spec was completely gone from GPU-Z.
After restart, PC boot'ed with black screen. So turned it off and switched to second Quiet bios. PC Booted normally.
I tried to use nvflash when boot on working bios then switch to bricked bios.
Nvflash won't flash default and updated perf. bios again, there is error PCI Block corrupted.
I also tried boot nvflash in DOS but it not recognizing RTX Nvidia card. From what I read nvflash not working in DOS anymore with RTX.

So it looks like the official update tool got fail with unknown reason and instead of flash newer bios just deleted / f**ked already existing bios.
Is anything I can do to fix it avoiding RMA?
3 REPLIES 3

Kiriakos-GR
Level 7
Sound Beats wrote:
Hello,
So it looks like the official update tool got fail with unknown reason and instead of flash newer bios just deleted / f**ked already existing bios.
Is anything I can do to fix it avoiding RMA?

I am ASUS customer for 25 years, ASUS flasher never failed in my hands.
1) Such work requiring uninterruptible power supply an UPS unit
2) Every damn antivirus disabled.
3) Non - overclocked System.
Follow the RMA path like every one else.

GravitySandwich
Level 7
Easy fix. You can use NVFlash for this.
Download the correct bios from the techpowerup gpu bios collection, boot up your PC on working bios, flick the bios switch when booted, then proceed to flash bios with nvflash. After that, the corrupt bios will be restored.

GravitySandwich wrote:
Easy fix. You can use NVFlash for this.
Download the correct bios from the techpowerup gpu bios collection, boot up your PC on working bios, flick the bios switch when booted, then proceed to flash bios with nvflash. After that, the corrupt bios will be restored.

You didn't read my post. This is exactly what I did before, with no success. Anyway, I returned card to the shop as it also had issues with fans rattle noise, got Aorus Xtreme and seems far better.