Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get C8HW + 5800x fclk to 1900

zomgugoff
Level 7
C8HW BIOS 3003
5800x
4x8GB 4000 CL18 RAM (CWM32GX4M4Z4000C18)

I cannot get past a F7 qcode at 1900 fclk. It will boot at 1866 but no higher. I've used the safe settings from the DRAM Calculator including the voltages. Is there a guide or any known settings that I need to get 1900 fclk?
13 REPLIES 13

1ah1ksa
Level 7
zomgugoff wrote:
C8HW BIOS 3003
5800x
4x8GB 4000 CL18 RAM (CWM32GX4M4Z4000C18)

I cannot get past a F7 qcode at 1900 fclk. It will boot at 1866 but no higher. I've used the safe settings from the DRAM Calculator including the voltages. Is there a guide or any known settings that I need to get 1900 fclk?

Same issue with 5800x C8HW and 4x8GB 3800 CL14 RAM

RedSector73
Level 12
Ryzen DRAM Calculator was made for Ryzen 3000 series and may need tweaking to work with 5000 series. If importing from Thaiphoon Burner into Ryzen DRAM Calculator and use SAFE settings, you may find this will get DDR4@3800/1900IF setting operational and from there move up 4k.

Native DOCP 4k with AUTO IF does that boot ?

RedSector73 wrote:
Ryzen DRAM Calculator was made for Ryzen 3000 series and may need tweaking to work with 5000 series. If importing from Thaiphoon Burner into Ryzen DRAM Calculator and use SAFE settings, you may find this will get DDR4@3800/1900IF setting operational and from there move up 4k.

It does not. It doesn't boot with Thaiphoon/DRAM Calculator settings at 3800 either. Still gets stuck at F7. I understand the higher fclk isn't guaranteed but I see a lot of posts about reaching or exceeding 1900 and almost nothing about not hitting it. I'm not really happy that I can't hit the 1:1:1 ratio just because the fclk can't go 33Mhz higher.

zomgugoff wrote:
It does not. It doesn't boot with Thaiphoon/DRAM Calculator settings at 3800 either. Still gets stuck at F7. I understand the higher fclk isn't guaranteed but I see a lot of posts about reaching or exceeding 1900 and almost nothing about not hitting it. I'm not really happy that I can't hit the 1:1:1 ratio just because the fclk can't go 33Mhz higher.

This can happen as Calculator does not calculate well everytime... each system is unique ad sometimes you have to tune some value on your own.
Try to follow what I wrote in my former post that is basically what RedSector73 wrote too.
Set DOCP and voltages, set IF and RAM frequencies... if it does not boot this way, your CPU probably can't reach 1900.

"**** happens!"

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

I have it working but do what i put first ...
put all the stuck timings and speed (enable docp)
for me it like this 14-16-16-36 3800mhz

put the voltages
dram voltage 1.5
SOC 1.125
vddg ccd 0.980
vddg iod 0.980
clod vddp 0.800

But dont use 1900 fclk use 1833fclk and then f10 so your motherboard use the voltage we sit

Now enter the bios again and use 1900fclk and f10 for me my pc has working without errors or issuee

RedSector73 wrote:

You can treat Zen3 the same as Zen2, the IO die is the same. The binning/silicon might even be better, allowing for higher clocks..

But currently, the AGESA has problems. It'll take some time to sort it out, in the meantime.. Zen 2 is more stable and predictable. Zen 3 is a bit of a wild card depending on which motherboard you are using. In time, with new updates, this should sort itself out and be better than Zen 2.

Jonotallica wrote:
You can treat Zen3 the same as Zen2, the IO die is the same. The binning/silicon might even be better, allowing for higher clocks..

But currently, the AGESA has problems. It'll take some time to sort it out, in the meantime.. Zen 2 is more stable and predictable. Zen 3 is a bit of a wild card depending on which motherboard you are using. In time, with new updates, this should sort itself out and be better than Zen 2.

I never had a problem in the first place and already aware of this information. I disagree with your ZEN 2/3 mantra, works fine for me and didn't ask for your help, so not sure what you on about to be honest. Binning my ass, zen3 is full redesign. If you dont know what your talking about might pay not to post. At least you got they have same IO die right.

For a guy who does not even fill in computer specification, you sure don't impress me with your knowledge.

The cores are different with Zen 3 (the L3 cache is different and better now because it's shared between all cores reducing latency), but the I/O die is the same. The architecture for the I/O die is literally no different than Zen 2. There's rumors that the I/O die will be capable of more because it's later (the silicon quality improves over time). So where 3800mhz used to be the limit for 1:1 ratio for IF.. there's rumors that Zen 3 will be capable of 2000mhz IF. That means 4000mhz RAM clocks at 1:1 ratio, if your RAM is capable of it. Cheap RAM won't do it.. but well binned RAM will do it, but it's expensive.

AMD have said directly that with Zen 3, once the applicable AGESA updates come out.. that 2000mhz IF will be possible at 1:1. But it's not a certainty, it's just a potential max clock that you may be able to reach if everything is in place (best case scenario). It's possible you will get a dud that can only clock at 1800mhz or 1900mhz.

It's not a certainty, it's just a possibility. Not sure what you're problem is, just repeating official information.

In the meantime, if you have problems reaching XMP.. dial your RAM timings manually that are stable and wait for new updates that stabilize everything. Eventually it will sort itself out. Zen 3 will be better in the long term than Zen 2. To the very least, it will be equal. But on launch, it might be worse because it lacks optimization. That's what this whole topic is about in the first place.

Jonotallica wrote:
Not sure what you're problem is, just repeating official information.

If you didnt want me to comment don't quote me with your stories or else likely people you quote may reply, thats basic to all forums, you must be new to them. Also normal procedure is to link the source, when you go school you might learn that.

The zen 3 is not better binning of anything else, it new design with the same IO controller.