Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Quote Originally Posted by Jonotallica View Post
    You can treat Zen3 the same as Zen2, the IO die is the same. The binning/silicon might even be better, allowing for higher clocks..

But currently, the AGESA has problems. It'll take some time to sort it out, in the meantime.. Zen 2 is more stable and predictable. Zen 3 is a bit of a wild card depending on which motherboard you are using. In time, with new updates, this should sort itself out and be better than Zen 2.
    I never had a problem in the first place and already aware of this information. I disagree with your ZEN 2/3 mantra, works fine for me and didn't ask for your help, so not sure what you on about to be honest. Binning my ass, zen3 is full redesign. If you dont know what your talking about might pay not to post. At least you got they have same IO die right.

For a guy who does not even fill in computer specification, you sure don't impress me with your knowledge.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 12-25-2020 at 04:00 AM.

ROG Member Array

The cores are different with Zen 3 (the L3 cache is different and better now because it's shared between all cores reducing latency), but the I/O die is the same. The architecture for the I/O die is literally no different than Zen 2. There's rumors that the I/O die will be capable of more because it's later (the silicon quality improves over time). So where 3800mhz used to be the limit for 1:1 ratio for IF.. there's rumors that Zen 3 will be capable of 2000mhz IF. That means 4000mhz RAM clocks at 1:1 ratio, if your RAM is capable of it. Cheap RAM won't do it.. but well binned RAM will do it, but it's expensive.

AMD have said directly that with Zen 3, once the applicable AGESA updates come out.. that 2000mhz IF will be possible at 1:1. But it's not a certainty, it's just a potential max clock that you may be able to reach if everything is in place (best case scenario). It's possible you will get a dud that can only clock at 1800mhz or 1900mhz.

It's not a certainty, it's just a possibility. Not sure what you're problem is, just repeating official information.

In the meantime, if you have problems reaching XMP.. dial your RAM timings manually that are stable and wait for new updates that stabilize everything. Eventually it will sort itself out. Zen 3 will be better in the long term than Zen 2. To the very least, it will be equal. But on launch, it might be worse because it lacks optimization. That's what this whole topic is about in the first place.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have a C8F and a 5900X and got to 1900fclk stable using:
    DRAM Voltage: 1.4
    SOC Voltage: 1.1
    VDDG CCD Voltage: 1.05
    VDDG IOD Voltage: 1.05
    CLDO VDDP Voltage: 0.95
    These values were suggested by the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen utility, and did the trick.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Quote Originally Posted by Jonotallica View Post
    Not sure what you're problem is, just repeating official information.
    If you didnt want me to comment don't quote me with your stories or else likely people you quote may reply, thats basic to all forums, you must be new to them. Also normal procedure is to link the source, when you go school you might learn that.

The zen 3 is not better binning of anything else, it new design with the same IO controller.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 12-25-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2