cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Extreme 1802 Boot problems [System hangs]

Loadlineac
Level 8
Hi there,

I've had problems with the board since 1802 that weren't there in 1704. The following: It comes after the PC was without power, I get "6A Detect Memory" and then the PC hangs. If the PC was not without power, everything works perfectly. I set everything back to the way it was in the BIOS!

What's going on there?

Does anyone have the same problems?

10 REPLIES 10

Loadlineac
Level 8
Has done, it was due to too tight RTL - IOL latency.

Hasn't finished ... still hangs.

I took out the CMOS battery, then 6A - System Agent DXE SMM initialization is started was gone. For this I now get 55 - Memory not Installed, as I said in 1704 there were no such problems.

Nothing was changed in the system.

So I thought - well, lower the memory frequency by a few MHz and lo and behold, everything works again. The way it works is that the board does three self-tests, the first is always successful - the second throws 55 (always - turns off and on again automatically). And the third runs through again - from then on the system runs. All of this only when the PC was without power.

Does anyone have the same symptoms?

johnhellstar
Level 7
I have problems too,with this bios,you are not alone...I post in the other thread...My maximus loops the codes and the screen stays black...i have to force shut down the system 2 or 3 times to go into windows and pass this code loop..Some times it stuck in a random code and stays there with black screen...

It sounds like you want to achieve the same results after installing the new BIOS. Your issue is not necessarily a Bug (It could be). All I know is when I see "Stability improvements" in the Fixes I then have to accept the fact that I may have to start setting up a new OC from scratch. Meaning the previous settings may not work anymore so I have to go through the whole OC process again to achieve then same or (Hopefully) better results.

Jesseinsf wrote:
It sounds like you want to achieve the same results after installing the new BIOS. Your issue is not necessarily a Bug (It could be). All I know is when I see "Stability improvements" in the Fixes I then have to accept the fact that I may have to start setting up a new OC from scratch. Meaning the previous settings may not work anymore so I have to go through the whole OC process again to achieve then same or (Hopefully) better results.

you post the same answer in every thread.... you see how many people have problems with the bios 1802... if you have no problems then post your specs and settings... your answers don’t help anyone...I’m not a newbi neither a pro but. If I use the standard settings before and now with the same settings I have problems with the bios 1802 there must be something wrong now... or they make this on purpose for selling new products... btw they didn’t post a change log...

Re@per wrote:
you post the same answer in every thread.... you see how many people have problems with the bios 1802... if you have no problems then post your specs and settings... your answers don’t help anyone...I’m not a newbi neither a pro but. If I use the standard settings before and now with the same settings I have problems with the bios 1802 there must be something wrong now... or they make this on purpose for selling new products... btw they didn’t post a change log...

You arrogance is not going to help answer your questions. Most posts in this thread or the other thread don't help anyone. So, what it your point? And if you read my post, you would see that I did say that it could be a bug. I wasn't suggesting a fix, I was sharing my experience that I would start from scratch on each BIOS Update. And there were times that I had to compromise because some settings would no longer work (even if they were "Standard" settings. Right now I find no significant boost in performance when overclocking my CPU while playing 4K gaming. I do however, prefer overclocking my GPU because that is where I see a benefit. And yes, I do use XMP profile 1.

Re
Level 10
Loadlineac wrote:
Hi there,

I've had problems with the board since 1802 that weren't there in 1704. The following: It comes after the PC was without power, I get "6A Detect Memory" and then the PC hangs. If the PC was not without power, everything works perfectly. I set everything back to the way it was in the BIOS!

What's going on there?

Does anyone have the same problems?

Your not alone lot of people have problems with the new bios Â*

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Works wonders for me:

How about you help US help YOU by posting your hardware and your Bios settings please?

This is not an issue concerning all users, so kindly provide the standard details before asking for proper help.

Carlyle2020 wrote:
Works wonders for me:

How about you help US help YOU by posting your hardware and your Bios settings please?

This is not an issue concerning all users, so kindly provide the standard details before asking for proper help.

Very nice, especially that latency, I haven't been able to get stable above 4000mhz.