cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Flare XA01 doesn't seem compatible with Win 10

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have just gone through a month of trying to find out why my new system would not upgrade to Win 10 20H2. I was also noticing my system would not sleep correctly and if it would sleep, if left there for a couple of hours, it would not wake in a normal mode but was completely unresponsive.

Finally, after tracking down everything I could think of and multiple clean reinstalls, it seems the keyboard was the problem, even with the latest firmware. I finally replaced it with an old keyboard I have and was able to install Win 10 20H1 which easily upgraded to the latest 20H2 version. So the keyboard was keeping my system from doing normal Win 10 upgrades/updates..

I don't know how a keyboard can cause such problems but I suspect the volume wheel was conflicting with something else. I was also using a Chakram gaming mouse which may have added to the problem. But replacing the mouse did not solve the problems but replacing the keyboard did.

I won't be able to use the keyboard or mouse until a fix is released .. anyone know how I could best watch for that?

Thanks for reading..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
8 REPLIES 8

fcsoares43
Level 9
My problem is different i got a Asus Flare for two weeks now and the upgrade of windows was without issues maybe it was something else that wouldn´t let you system upgrade

Regards

The problem is in the keyboards of the latest firmware.
When I press any key on the keyboard, the computer does not wake up.
Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos

fcsoares43
Level 9
Yes i Confirm that situation i tried it now and it occurs

How do I solve this! In Armory Crate, check off the keyboards then there are no issue.
We will have to wait for a new fix for this.

fcsoares43
Level 9
Yes i have another problem i create a topic here i don´t know yet if is Hardware or software i hope this been resolve soon if you could see my post in this forum fgot a video an explain and tell me do you got same issue i would be appreciate Regards Thank You...

fcsoares43 wrote:
Yes i have another problem i create a topic here i don´t know yet if is Hardware or software i hope this been resolve soon if you could see my post in this forum fgot a video an explain and tell me do you got same issue i would be appreciate Regards Thank You...

Have you tried to do a factory reset on the keyboard?

Razer68 wrote:
Have you tried to do a factory reset on the keyboard?

Yes three times reset but this happens someone tell me that all asus keyboard doing this... I thing soomething is wrong but i don´t know hat ... Thanks

Saltgrass
Level 13
It looks like I need to remove the keyboard from the problem. After clean installing with the new mouse and old keyboard, I brought the install back slowly. The first time the wake from sleep incident started to happen was when I reinstalled my HTC Vive Cosmos Elite VR headset.

It appears the VR Base Stations (movement tracking), unless unplugged, will cause my system to wake from sleep when I stand and move in their field of vision. I tested with the headset being unplugged from the wall and computer, so the base stations were all of the system left. Unplugging the Base stations does allow for the system to stay in sleep mode..

The other problem regarding the system being unresponsive after waking from sleep may be tied to a recent Nvidia driver which I have not yet updated and that problem has not yet reoccurred. Video drivers are involved in a system's sleep capabilities..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200