cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-ASUS 3001Bios PCH issues?

rufreakde
Level 7
So I know this is a TUF mainboard but still its from Asus and I did not find any other forum to post about this issue so I hope its okey.

ISSUE:
I had an Ryzen 3600x and no problems with the PCH fan.
Recently I updated my bios and changed my CPU to a 5900x.

It is a x570 motherboard with real nice VRMs but two heat sensors freak out now and therefore the PCH fan jumps instantly to over 3000rpm which is reaaaaly loud...

I will add as much screenshots as possible to show my setup. Is this a hardware issue or a bios issue?

Sensors:

My setup: (PCH unblocked)

Has anyone similar issues?
9 REPLIES 9

rufreakde
Level 7
Just saw that there is a new bios version Version 3001(I will update the title)
2020/12/08

So I updated but seconds after starting COD Warzone similar temp levels...

rufreakde
Level 7
What is the TSI0 sensor for?

rufreakde
Level 7
Additional Information on settings:
Ryzen Master CPU to ECO mode - 87 Watts
DOCP on

What I tried:
Every PCIe Gen to 3.0 = this seemed to help with TSI0 temperature?

rufreakde
Level 7
Additional Information on settings:
Ryzen Master CPU to ECO mode - 87 Watts
DOCP on

What I tried:

I wonder if this is an effect from using the second PCIe for GPU and not having anything like for instance the GPU which is normally in the first. This normally halves the PCIe lanes to GPU (not sure if you noticed this effect x8 instead x16 ?)

rufreakde wrote:

So running PCIe Gen3 reduces the heat output vs PCIe GEN4 ?

RedSector73 wrote:
I wonder if this is an effect from using the second PCIe for GPU and not having anything like for instance the GPU which is normally in the first. This normally halves the PCIe lanes to GPU (not sure if you noticed this effect x8 instead x16 ?)

So running PCIe Gen3 reduces the heat output vs PCIe GEN4 ?

I had the card in the first slot first but the temps where equally bad so I googled and people sugested to move it since the card can "choke" the fan. I looked into my case and saw that indeed the fan was closed off a little by my card. The hope was that more fresh cool air would be sucked in by the small fan there.

As for the change to GEN3 from GEN4 it did not change the mobo chipset temps much but the TSI0 temps where reduced so that the PCH fan now averages at around 2k rpm.

I am still confused what the issues here is I mean even in idle the chipset is at around 70 degrees C. That was not like that before the bios update and my ryzen 3600x.

rufreakde
Level 7
Ah also the mobo has 2 16x PCIe slots so the performance should not suffer ( at least in warzone I did not see any performance degredation after the switch)

RedSector73
Level 12
The PCH chipset can run a lot hotter, would not bother caring about it till well in high 80's or actually hit a shutdown from temp.
I've done posts about temps on it before, search a find them. Not going over it all again, dont have time, games to play.

I would not put the GPU in second slot. The temp of PCH is within normal.

rufreakde
Level 7
I mean okay it might be in range of "normal" but the PCH fan is sooooo damn loud it is like crazy. I will try to mod the mainboard I guess after my fans arrive.
Thanks for the feedback.