cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF Gaming B550-PLUS and 1401 BIOS problems

ForkWNY
Level 8
I finished building a PC for a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, TUF GAMING B550-PLUS motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT CPU. After updating to BIOS 1401 about a week ago, I've found the onboard Realtek 2.5G LAN constantly drops. No errors show up in the Windows Event log, other than DNS errors resulting from the onboard LAN dropping out. I've run the installer for the Realtek LAN drivers several times, no dice. This PC has a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 install on it, and latest GPU drivers, etc. installed. I've owned many ASUS products and have not encountered this issue in the past.

Any ideas? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

ForkWNY
Level 8
If anyone else runs into a similar issue with the TUF-GAMING B550-PLUS motherboard, reinstalling AMD Adrenalin 2020 seemed to fix the problem (the build in question is using an AMD RX580 GPU). Uninstalled the AMD Adrenalin drivers from the Windows 10 control panel, then reinstalled Adrenalin 20.12.1 (latest as of this post) and opted to factory reset (within the Adrenalin installer) which seems to reset more than just the GPU to defaults.

After reinstalling AMD Adrenalin 20.12.1, restarting, and running some tests, the onboard Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE controller no longer seems to drop or have any problems. Wouldn't have expected that to fix the issue, but it did. I would've expected the BIOS to be the culprit, but only flash-back as a last resort, if reinstalling drivers doesn't correct the problems.