cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX3080 TUF OC - Firmware update RTX3080_V2.exe Failed

frayedsew
Level 7
Version V2 update 2020/12/14
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic%20Card/NVIDIA/BIOSUPDATE_TOOL/RTX3080/RTX3080_V2.zip

Trying to run the application I get a "VGA BIOS update failed, please try again later."

Tried switch in both modes to do this.

Earlier version says it was already applied; so I don't think it's that.

Card still works and shows up in GPU-Z.

Anybody have any success with this?
4 REPLIES 4

hsm06
Level 10
Try admin permission execution.

No worky.
Error and GPUZ information included this time

Okay!, I figured out how to get passed this.

Sorry if this is spamming - but I thought it would be worth keeping my last post to document what a flashed from.

I read somewhere that utilities can interfere with this. IE Corsair CUE, Logitech Gaming Software, Samsung Magician, and of course many other non-hardware software is running on my machine. I tired turning them off but it didn't seem to work.

So what I did was create a new user on the computer, logged into that and BINGO it worked. (Don't recall if I needed to use "run as administrator" for that)

The curious part is that mine is slight a different version than yours @HSM06. Yours is 94.02.42.40.66 and mine is 94.02.42.40.65 (one version lower), but in the NVIDIA BIOS it's flipped where yours is 94.02.42.00.AS26 and mine is 94.02.42.00.AS27 (one version higher).

Oh well; hopefully this helps someone out there with the same issue.

frayedsew wrote:
Okay!, I figured out how to get passed this.

Sorry if this is spamming - but I thought it would be worth keeping my last post to document what a flashed from.

I read somewhere that utilities can interfere with this. IE Corsair CUE, Logitech Gaming Software, Samsung Magician, and of course many other non-hardware software is running on my machine. I tired turning them off but it didn't seem to work.

So what I did was create a new user on the computer, logged into that and BINGO it worked. (Don't recall if I needed to use "run as administrator" for that)

The curious part is that mine is slight a different version than yours @HSM06. Yours is 94.02.42.40.66 and mine is 94.02.42.40.65 (one version lower), but in the NVIDIA BIOS it's flipped where yours is 94.02.42.00.AS26 and mine is 94.02.42.00.AS27 (one version higher).

Oh well; hopefully this helps someone out there with the same issue.

The version difference lies in what MODE is running on your card , P-Mode or Q-Mode .