cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS STRIX ROG X570 I-Gaming BIOS issues

Daylight_Invade
Level 8
As many of you out there with other X570 boards know, the recent BIOS versions that have been pushed out lately have been pretty bad for all of us, whether you have an 3000 or 5000 series Ryzen. The recent 1301 BIOS however did manage to fix the big issues that were out there, especially the WHEA errors, as well as the inability to use XMP/DOCP.

Having said the above, I am still having issues with the new 3001 BIOS, specifically random crashes every now and then as well as USB issues, particularly after the machine has gone to sleep. Devices seem to fall off or have issues (e.g. external USB storage), or my fingerprint sensor fails to work. Anyone else experiencing these issues, and if so, have you managed to find a workaround?
2 REPLIES 2

Jav_B
Level 7
I have the same motherboard I'm on bios 2816, but I am not experiencing those issues. (I'm having onboard bluetooth issues) But I noticed you said your on bios 1301, a new one just came out 12/08/2020 bios 3001. You might be very behind on your bios updates. Just an observation, hope that helps.

-Jav

Jav_B wrote:
I have the same motherboard I'm on bios 2816, but I am not experiencing those issues. (I'm having onboard bluetooth issues) But I noticed you said your on bios 1301, a new one just came out 12/08/2020 bios 3001. You might be very behind on your bios updates. Just an observation, hope that helps.

-Jav
Â*

Apologies - bad typo. I am on 3001. 🙂

It’s worth looking at your event log, specifically the system and application log just in case. You might be surprised by what you find.*