cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent multiple reboots at power-on before desktop appears

mboogie
Level 9
Hi, I have a Zenith II Extreme (non Alpha) with a 3960X CPU. My issue is that the PC, from power on or reboot from within Windows, will get to the point at which the first BIOS messages appear - or before, and then reboots itself. This happens 5-10 times every time I power on/reboot. I recently installed a newer BIOS (1303) for this motherboard (made sure I selected 'load optimised defaults' first) hoping this would cure the problem but unfortunately it still happens.
This was never an issue when I first built this PC about 1 year ago. I have been selecting 'Gaming Mode' from Ryzen Master in order to reduce core count/power usage when I don't need all 24 cores, so I'm wondering if this might be part of the problem - though it still happens whether the core count is 24 or 12.

I still have an issue with Ryzen Master - every time I try to update it it tells me it can't because it thinks there is a newer version already installed, which is absolutely incorrect. In order to update Ryzen Master I have to amend the .msi file using a well publicised method using the InstEd msi editor utility. This may well not help since Ryzen Master gets embedded pretty deeply. I'm really not keen on reinstalling Windows and all software - that took ages to fine tune.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

W0D1N
Level 7
I had the same issue with bios boot looping. On the Display it showed Memory C8 or something each time before it restarted.

My Memory configuration is 64GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600Mhz C16 in 4 x 16GB modules.

I think when i worked with power phasing controls that it resolved this.

I have set Power Phasing of CPU, Memory and VRM from Auto/Extreme to Optimized and it seemed to be gone.

mboogie
Level 9
Changing the CPU Power Phasing didn't help me, unfortunately.