cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Hero availability

coyote2
Level 7
Any clues when someone other than scalpers will have the ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero in stock? The wait is driving me crazy.

I'm hoping that it's just that I've heard that international shipping to the USA is all clogged up by Christmas traffic.
13 REPLIES 13

BillBittel
Level 12
I am in the same exact boat buddy. No CX-8 Dark Hero, and no 5900X, and no RTX-3080. Stock trackers and Discord setup. Every time something comes in stock it sells out within seconds. The sites get overloaded, and I get nowhere. Maybe when Ryzen 5000 comes out. For a board that is the last based on the soon to be dead AMD AM4 socket, the Dark Hero sure is popular!

RedSector73
Level 12
DH8 stock started showing in Australia recently. I would expect the UK/USA would not be too far behind us (you are normally in front of us), but it has been a crazy year for IT supply/demand. Ryzen 5000 series stock are suggested to start normalisation (be mostly in stock) mid-late JAN.

Hope you find this helpful.

Stock at Amazon and Newegg seems to have been coming in more regularly over the last week, just keep an eye on those Discord monitors and you should be able to snatch one before long. I got mine from Newegg a couple weeks back and finally installed it yesterday, replacing my C8 Formula to use the unique overclocking feature with my 5950X. Won't go crazy OC happy until EK delivers my watercooling gear though.

Best of luck to ya!

Sprayingmango
Level 10
They come in stock at my local Microcenter occasionally. I had to pay a scalper for mine, I will say he charged a very low overcharge which basically covered his shipping and maybe bought him lunch so it was fair.

Thank you for the helpful replies, everyone!

I got somewhat encouraged when the newegg site briefly took backorders on Wed. afternoon Dec. 23. Which I had already done for a DH8 at ShopBLT. (I'll cancel whichever doesn't come in first.)

I don't know how to use Discord to find a DH8; though I did chat on the Discord of a Youtube stock checker that I used to learn when to refresh newegg to score my 5950x.

I simply refreshed the newegg DH8 product page while doing other things and got lucky (since I trust that they'll fill their backorders when they can).

Maybe it's good I don't have the DH8 yet; I read a report of someone having random reboots with the HyperX RAM I bought; maybe the XMP will be sorted before I get my hangs on the mobo.

What is the difference between a Hero and a Dark Hero motherboard ( besides the $250 price difference and the lack of a chip fan)? Yeah thats certainly better than kogan lol

coyote2 wrote:
I got somewhat encouraged when the newegg site briefly took backorders on Wed. afternoon Dec. 23.

The backorder message said they expected stock in 5 to 7 days; just now, less than 6 days later, they confirmed the order and are packing it for shipment today.