cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG27UQ: It's A Challenge To Like This Thing

jasonvp
Level 7
I bought from the first round of PG27UQ displays ever shipped, back in summer of 2018 and have been using it since. I've become quite annoyed with the thing over the course of the past year or so, primarily due to the obnoxious fan noise. I've read the threads and know that if I'm daring enough, I can pull it apart and re-do the thermal paste. I'm not ballsy enough to do it. So I continue to suffer.

Lately though, I've started noticing this yellowish haze. And it turns out others have posted about similar things from various LCDs. As a demonstration, a pic using Notepad. It has a 255,255,255 background, and I have the window spanned between the Asus panel and the LG 4K panel sitting next to it.

It's pretty stunning how yellow the panel looks and there's literally nothing I can do to adjust it. The pisser is that I want the new 32" 4K/144Hz panel when it finally ships (in January?) But after dropping $2K for this panel, I'm hesitant to give Asus any more serious money for high performance displays.
System specs: click here.
1 REPLY 1

jasonvp
Level 7
My gut tells me it has something to do with the Blue light filter. I do have it set to "Level 0" in the monitor's OSD, but I'm guessing something in the panel has decided to turn it on, anyway. No amount of "Factor Reset" seems to fix it.
System specs: click here.