cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Battery

Stoopidninja
Level 7
Hi, so I have an old G752VT that I took apart last February and haven't used since moving to desktop. I pulled out the battery on it before since it's been reporting lower and lower "max" capacity over the years and I was wondering if it was possible for this laptop to run without a battery on it (just plugged in via charger).
4 REPLIES 4

jdfrench3
Level 12
Not recommended!

You will most likely damage the battery charging circuit on the motherboard.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

azwxguy
Level 7
I was wondering about some way to replace the battery pack, since HWMonitor is telling me my pack is at a wear rate now of 41%. This laptop isn't quite at retirement age yet, although my WASD keys have worn to the point where S and D are just smears. Maybe it is time to look for a replacement.
N71JQ-A1, G752VM-RB71, GX703HR-XB96

The battery can be replaced. Here's a battery replacement guide from Ifixit:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Asus+ROG+G752V+Battery+Replacement/126553

If you find that above your skill, take the laptop to a local repair center.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

MarkusOreallyis
Level 7
Stoopidninja wrote:
Hi, so I have an old G752VT that I took apart last February and haven't used since moving to desktop. I pulled out the battery on it before since it's been reporting lower and lower "max" capacity over the years and I was wondering if it was possible for this laptop to run without a battery on it (just plugged in via charger).

It's not difficult to replace the battery, Someone made the comment you'll damage the charging circuit on the motherboard, He's right and it won't perform properly either, I had another G751 that someone gave me to tinker with, and I ran it without a battery, It would lock up, shut down unexpectedly,
and JDPWS (Just Do Plain Wacky Sh*t!)

They're not expensive either, it's a Zero Insertion force connector if I'm not mistaken I'm currently waiting on a replacement,