cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390E and Latest BIOS 1802

Tarkus56
Level 7
Hello all,

Since updating my BIOS to 1802 my system seems to stutter. Example, working in Excel and it pauses for a second or 2 before I can continue. This happens in all programs.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
11 REPLIES 11

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
This bios still has memory issues, either with training or overall latency vs 1602. Same problems with 1704, but better?

There's nothing wrong with the latest BIOS and the memory problems can be solved by playing with the rtt settings in skew control.

qlfenv wrote:
There's nothing wrong with the latest BIOS and the memory problems can be solved by playing with the rtt settings in skew control.

No, there's certainly something wrong. Setting certain memory training options won't allow the board to POST.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
No, there's certainly something wrong. Setting certain memory training options won't allow the board to POST.

Try setting rtt_park to 240 on both channels then try ur settings again. You should alse keep the training stuff on default.

qlfenv wrote:
Try setting rtt_park to 240 on both channels then try ur settings again. You should alse keep the training stuff on default.

I can run 16-17-17-35 @ 4000mhz on 1602, but it won't work on 1802, RTL's are significantly higher as well.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
I can run 16-17-17-35 @ 4000mhz on 1602, but it won't work on 1802, RTL's are significantly higher as well.

NOT RTL but RTTs from skew control menu. RTT_PARK set to 240 for both channels.

qlfenv wrote:

I'm aware of what settings you're referring to, I'm saying what observations I noticed.

qlfenv wrote:

Yeah, tried those settings, no difference in latency. RTL and IOL levels are still way higher than on 1602.

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
Figured it out, this bios was just a little pickier with auto settings (required a bit of manual tuning, and lots of training/restarts).