cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver Version Numbering Makes No Sense. Different than Website.

G_Squid
Level 8
The driver version numbers under the Tools section make no sense and don't match whats available on either the ASUS support site or say the processor maker website.

Example:
Armoury Crate says the newest AMD Chipset Driver is version 19.10.22.
ASUS website chipset version is 2.09.28.509.
AMD Website chipset version is 2.09.28.509

Where is Armoury Crate getting 19.10.22 from? What is that referring to?

But at the same time the audio drivers available on Armoury Crate and the ASUS website match as version 6.0.8751.1
However the driver version I have installed for audio is version 6.0.8971.1, but with an older date. How do I have an older driver but a newer version number?

Its in the BIOS available in Armoury Crate too.
Armoury Crate BIOS available: version 0604 or 0804.
BIOS available on ASUS website: version 3001.
How is there such a huge difference between versions?

I like the idea and convenience of Armoury Crate but all these discrepancies make me hesitant to want to use it. How do I know if i'm getting the newest drivers?
3 REPLIES 3

AndrasROG
Level 10
There are newer versions but they are most likely in NEITHER the support website nor Armoury Crate -- in my case.

I've already made a thread partly talking about this with no response from the appropriate people yet.

How I see it is that the popular motherboards -- Strix, Tuf, etc -- seem to be getting both newer versions of their drivers (perhaps at a more frequent rate)

So far for my Rampage 6 Extreme Encore, I have YET to receive non-broken drivers for my audio as well as a large portion of Asus software.
Armoury Crate seemingly shows older versions of drivers/software/bios.

AndrasROG wrote:

I've already made a thread partly talking about this with no response from the appropriate people yet.
Im starting to gather that from lurking on these forums. They're not very active and you hardly see any responses from people at ASUS.

So far for my Rampage 6 Extreme Encore, I have YET to receive non-broken drivers for my audio as well as a large portion of Asus software.
Armoury Crate seemingly shows older versions of drivers/software/bios.
Luckily my drives haven't been broken, Armoury Crate itself just adds a layer of confusion to whats a new driver. I found out Windows Update was giving me newer versions of my audio drivers before ASUS ever did. This led to Armoury Crate not even detecting that I had audio drivers installed and the ones it wanted me to install were older than what was available on the website, and even those on the website were older than what was included with a Windows Update.

Armoury Crate is obviously supported, it keeps getting updates but outside of the app itself it doesn't feel like its functions are being properly supported. If you're going to make an all in one app to control your RGB and drivers and updates, do that don't half try.

Terepin
Level 8
G.Squid wrote:
The driver version numbers under the Tools section make no sense and don't match whats available on either the ASUS support site or say the processor maker website.

Example:
Armoury Crate says the newest AMD Chipset Driver is version 19.10.22.
ASUS website chipset version is 2.09.28.509.
AMD Website chipset version is 2.09.28.509

FYI, AMD has version 2.10.13.408.